Where are the historic cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lbird, Jun 8, 2014.

1. lbird

lbird Registered

Since the pace of general development sped up considerably during the last weeks (Isi and 3rd party mods) i am asking myself where the good old historic cars and racecars are? In rf1 we had a great and very active historic scene (think of HistorX, Gp1937, DTM, lots of rallyecars and much more), but the teams involved seem to have disappeared completely. HistorX showed the 300Slr a while ago, but they were totally silent about rF2 after that.
    We have the Howstons and the great Lola, but i am missing touring cars from the 60s, old LeMans bangers like the Gt40 and the like.
    Am i missing something or is the scene not that active anymore, which would be a serious disappointment.
    I know that many teams waited till rF2 is more mature, but the already excellent 3rd party cars from URD for example show that this is already the case.
    If you have something nice in the historic department, please show it to the community!
    I am sure a lot of people would support these type ofprojects in any shape or form possible.....

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yep, I am surprised myself that settings like a 1966 Le Mans, the epic battle between Ford and Ferrari, isn't modded yet. Or the Porsche years.

MAK had a 1991 set going, but dropped off the map.

Group B Rally would be a blast as well, even just on Tarmac.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

hear hear.

MAK's Group C mod is alive and well. It's just not developing very fast as they have a lot of irons in the fire with WRS work continuing, modding for Oreca and other stuff.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

You sure Guy? They had decent screenshots of the Merc and Porsche posted before Christmas, and no news since then.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Wait till shaders and all the rest of the stuff is final..................................then give it another 2 years.

Later models are going to be better then anything yet produced anyways

What is the rush ?

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah, I beta test for them and there has been progression in the last couple months.

7. Twista

Twista Registered

I think we'll see some more show up once ISI brings the Cobra out, as well as the historic cars they showed in the old RF2 wallpapers. Looked like a Ford Maverick. Once those are out there'll be some decent tyres, so that should help modders.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'll be happy when that Cobra comes out! Some of those cars from the rF2 family picture will certainly be awesome too and like Twista mentioned, the tires will [hopefully] open the sluice gates. I really want 60's GT cars.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I simple want GTL and GPL reborn... How hard can it be? ;)

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Work this out

rFactor first beta
    rFactor release 2005 ?
    Historic GT formed 2007 ?
    First Historic GT release ?
    Historic GT V1.96 release ?

Puts 2 years and a bit of rF2 into perspective imho. :)

11. lbird

lbird Registered

You are right with your time perspective durge, but i am just a littlebit surprised that almost nothing in the historic car park surfaced yet. No rush on my side, just mutual interest -:)

12. osella

osella Registered

It's quite a shame so few historic cars exist for rf2 but it's logical. Don't forget that for historic cars you also need historic tracks, and those are generally more difficult to make than modern.

We also planned to port the 37 mod for rf2 but the team no longer exists. I still plan to do it but I need help from somebody and 2) I'm waiting for core features to be finished. Especially rain.

As Durge pointed out, many historic mods took years to surface, it just now seems they were there since beginning of rf1 life but they weren't. In rf2 the tyre model complexity makes everything harder + there are little historic tracks so it will take longer overall.

13. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

The 1937 mod is probably my favourite. I'm not sure how much of a help I can be, but feel free to PM me osella.

14. osella

osella Registered

I will, I haven't even started yet lol. Still waiting for more finished state of things, like many do. Probably will start in a couple months.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think rF2 will be best Historic mods ever.

I would like rebuilt F3's. :)

[​IMG]

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i know i saw post while browsing yesterday where (i believe) tim wheatley said historic content has been given low priority due to lack of popularity on servers. hope that changes as well since it helps set rf2 apart & imo the HDR gives off something of a 60s palette at times.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the historic cars rfactor 2 presently has are fantastic, theres a decent choice too,
    due to their quality they are more than enough to keep someone going for a long time

p.s historX suppose to be coming to rf2 at some stage

18. osella

osella Registered

Concentrating more on historic content could help rf2 fight against ac & pcars imo, as both those titles are much better at modern cars. Those few historic cars in rf2 are top notch. But then again I'm not surprised historic servers were less populated as people generally prefer modern cars in all sims, so i'ts not easy.

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Well that sucks. I honestly don't believe rF2 will ever be popular so ISI should ask us forum dwellers opinions on what to work on next. :p

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

:confused:

What? One of the most popular rF2 mods remains the WCR 60's f3 cars and the F3 Fanatics server has been by far the most long running and popular server. Not even to mention the popularity of the T280 which remains a staple of rF2. It's true that the BT20 is not popular, but that doesn't mean that ALL historic content is unpopular. I hope you misread that post, because if anyone believes that, they are not looking at the server list or at the big picture.

For good quality mods, what else is there for historical content out right now not in beta? What would anyone base that statement on? Just the BT20?