Why continue with this frustrating packaging method?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kmw, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Correct. There are a lot of people that know it's possible and they will argue that they will not bother with it because it's too hard when really it isn't. They actually create more headaches than they would if they just took the extra 2 mins to do it right. I am loving it in my league where I don't have the daily questions about why they have a mismatch (rF1 days) or where to download a track ect ect. I get on the server from time to time and tell people I have some updates to install and to come back a few mins later. I install the content and then start the server back up. The uptime on the server only gets to 1.5mins and people are already back on the server and leaving the pits. No need for me to go on our forum to tell people they need to download this or that or any crap like that. The simply reconnect and their done. Hell we don't even feel bad posting a track fix just two days before an event because it's all so easy now. In the past we wouldn't update anything unless we were two weeks out because we didn't want to risk people not following the forum (most don't) close enough and showing up on race day to find they can't join anymore.

2. kmw

kmw Registered

Noel (and woodee),
    that is extremely helpful thanks, thanks for taking time to explain it. I was feeling very frustrated about rF2 - having taken time to learn and add talent files to the Clio Cup cars last year, I returned recently to look at the new Indycars and had completely forgotten how I did it, hence my rant - (and I stand by my belief that some aspects, such as driver talent, vehicle performance variations, fuel strategies and more, should be more intuitive, and even menu driven).
    I am still spending most of my race time enjoying the earlier Gmotor engine in the form of Game Stock Car at the moment but I will keep an eye on this and I know I will eventually use it more because of the AI and evolving track features, so I have saved your helpful comments & downloaded your MAS & packaging tools for future use.

Cheers
    Keith

3. kmw

kmw Registered

Fair enough Tim, but viso's answer was nevertheless childish and unhelpful.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree 101% !@! :mad:

"Childish"

"Ridiculous"

hahahaha

..and you expect people to be curt and polite.

You really think all the complaining is going to make them change anything. Seriously. ?

Wake up Australia. lol ;)

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

alot of people ........lol

Making up stories now.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Its not all black & white though, personally I find it hard to dive into things, whatever they are, to get things going in the league only to see a few peeps show up. online interest in rf2 is just not there.
    So why bother indeed? u can say it isn't hard, fine by me, but its not just the digits that come into play with all this. There's more to it.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ISI should just change things back to the way they were in rF1 just to prove that people won't all of a sudden start flocking to rF2. rF2 isn't a mainstream game, and never will be so IMO ISI should just cater to the hardcore crowd and forget about the casual racers.

You want to see more online racers? Get dirt going. Dirt oval racing is the number one request other than getting more customers in iracing. It's a niche nobody has touched since rF1.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

But that's what they are doing already?

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

When mod manager and get mod works flawless (with updates specially). When Fast downloads for servers hosting content work... When ISI provides the proper documentation for packing, registering ... so that community managers get to understand which is the best way to hold an event, a championship....When filters to search for content and remove passworded servers are restored...

When all that happens, the experience of getting online and being able to get fast into a server will be a reality

enviado mediante tapatalk

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Pretty much. :)