connection failed trying to rejoin after sucessfull connection

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Tom Kelley, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Tom Kelley

Tom Kelley Registered

Hi, I setup a server on my own computer. I got others to successfully join my server from the internet, and I could join from the same machine. However If I leave and try to rejoin right after It doesn't connect(connection failed) . If I wait after say 15 minutes, it allows me to join. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The game is just a little glitchy at the moment when it comes to attempting to joining servers. I get times when I can't join, then 5 minutes later I can. I also get tmes when it immediately says "mod download failed" instead of showing me the list of cars/tracks with the missing ones highlighted in red, then a few minutes later I will get the mod list and, if the server permits, be able to auto-download the missing files perfectly fine and then join perfectly fine.

For now just do the usual - try refreshing, wait 10 seconds after refresh, end and restart the game, wait 5 minutes, etc.

I think the next rF2 update is supposed to include some sort of online matchmaking / data update or something. I'm pretty sure ISI is aware of these issues and working on them.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Uninstalling the vmod from the local machine worked for me for this issue but if you are hosting it at the same time.....

4. Tom Kelley

Tom Kelley Registered

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You created a vmod in order to setup a server right? the file that has to be created, which included cars/tracks/sounds before opening the dedicated server.

6. Tom Kelley

Tom Kelley Registered

Actually I originally copied the mod from our league server and that worked. I went ahead and figured out how to create a vmod and used that. I still have the same issues. I simply need this for a private test server for my team for just a few drivers thats used on occasion. Its not meant to be a race server for 30 drivers. I did this last year with rf1 with no issues.

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, but they are different games aren't they.

8. Tom Kelley

Tom Kelley Registered

of course its not the same. In rf1 i actually used to join by IP, 127.0.0.1, and unfortunately it seems that I cannot try that. I'm going to submit a bug report for this issue.