G-Rally Alpha Vid Inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul_Ceglia, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I hope this is ok with ISI please delete if it is wrong to advertise this here, but for those who are not aware of this in development rally sim they have updated there web site and released an alpha vid. Those of use here who crave dirt physics like RBR might have a dedicated sim for just that. Ive been following this for quite some time now. At first I didn't believe it and had low hopes but they seem to be pushing right along with it which is great news for all of us rally drivers. It does remind me of rf1 and there is nothing wrong with that. If it has dirt physics like RBR.....will just have to wait and see.....

http://www.grally.net/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Jon Denton did an interview with one of the devs and it's going to be free which leaves me a bit suspicious of the whole project.

The dirt physics of RBR were good but the tire model on tarmac was horrible. Unfortunately everybody looks at RBR with rose coloured glasses nowadays.

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for the interview. I didn't realize this was a free to play project.

*edit: I read the interview and I was happy with it. I respect what they are doing. I would donate to them but I would like to see more progress before giving them money.

Here's the interview:

http://ravsim.com/2014/05/08/grally-the-dare-to-dream/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Me neither, on their page they had only put an area asking for support. It does have a F1C/rF (stock) look to it.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

free? , they'll maybe making monies on DLC then ?

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Shocker... a game dev wants money for a project they make!

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

MP will have a fee attached to it. If you have the time read the interview. post #3

8. osella

osella Registered

I'm looking forward to this project very much. Very anxious to see what it will offer.

Making a rally sim seems to be harder than circuit racing sim, otherwise we'd see more of them.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well count me in with the group that doesnt like "free". microtransactions are a serious pain. unless the cost is really immense like iracing or to a much lesser extent R3E, i want an option to buy in bulk. gradual DLCs as content is added of course i have no problem with.

[err, judging by the post above mine i should probably read the interview first, but i like ranting]

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i disagree about the rose colored glasses...i first played it a couple weeks ago & find its not only not dated but superb. a must have.

11. yusupov

yusupov Registered

having read their "business" model, this really does seem worth supporting. i suggest everyone who can donate a small chunk (link on their website) http://www.grally.net/