Good Indy tracks?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Voodoo Pizzaman, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

Just looking for good tracks to race the DW12 on...seems like new track development has slowed way down and apart from Indianapolis there doesn't seem to be any fitting tracks out there.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

iDT Toronto is great with these.

3. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Try palm beach and nazareth speedway.

edit: Texas world speedway is also great.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  4. MK3424

MK3424 Registered

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

6. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

AI at Long Beach is pretty terrible.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Agreed. I tried a race at iDT Las Vegas against AI, they are horrible there too. A race I tried at Daytona (modding group unk) was a mess because the safety car doesn't work and the AI switch lines to block (not defend), they brake check and spin you out on purpose. The AI needs a lot of work in rF2, it is horrible IMHO.

If modded tracks don't work right in the game, maybe ISI needs to change something around? It's not like iDT doesn't know how to make tracks and even they are not getting it right.

I did a 61 lap race around Toronto and the AI have terrible strategy, but raced OK. I had to disable the SC but the AI at least raced OK.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Do we want the AI from rF1 or better AI? Since we all want better AI, it's not a straight translation. There are threads and instructions of how to do the new approach properly for rF2, but it takes effort and is a specialized skill that most modders don't have, especially those who are graphics and texture focused. Of course most AI experts aren't graphics and texture experts, either. We need more collaboration and co-operation and less complaining around here.

It's no different than the lighting and reflections that are vastly improved in rF2 vs. rF1. If the track is a conversion and the modder doesn't update those elements, it, shock of all shocks, looks like a rF1 track in rF2.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have to disagree about iDT quality. The car models and textures were sharp but the same people that made the good stuff left to make other better stuff, everything else wasn't much to write home about.