INDY (500) Server - Tips for Rookies and Pros a like.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Jun 1, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know about you but before I go back to F3 Historics I would like to run some longer open races with fuel and tyres.

To that end I am not one for complaining and name calling people that do things incorrectly much.

I think there is better reasons to abide then simply to pacify certain people but.

I leave all other " racing " tips to better racers.

ENTERING TRACK:

You must follow the pit exit road past Turn 2 and enter track keeping to the left till you gain speed and road is clear.

Be aware that cars close fast at 230-240 mph.

It may seem you can easily get ahead of a car way back in Turn 2 but by the time you hit Turn 3 or Turn 4 most likely you
    are going to be in the way.

You also do not want to be slowed on your out lap for a qualification run either do you so time your run from pits to get a clean track.

Most important reason for doing this is consistency and practice, the fastest pace and throttle in the pit exit and pit in you can accomplish.

Even if it is only sprint races there will come a time you need to pit and the more you have practiced pit ins and outs as well as you can do them
    will only save time and maybe grab you a place or 2.

ESC:

Apart for above reasons I have never found people using escape very flattering. hehehe

Yes you are free to do what you like I have no problem with that.

On a Oval at 240 mph when you in draft it really is a good idea not to escape with you in front and heading into a turn. lopl
    I would like a dollar for every time I seen that one..........
    Even on a straight you can affect other cars from lack of draft or dirty air by escaping so give it some thought.
    Again simply a car vanishing from someones view in front can put them "out of sync" so to speak.

It should never be a problem to be able to come off the pace offline at the right time and do it then. :)

PITTING during QUALIFICATION:

Real sad when I see a near empty pitlane.

Once you have fuel strategy for qual you can do everything in car
    There is a whole immersion thing goes on with 20 cars in and out of pits
    Good practice to find boxes turn in and out sharp between cars stuff like that.
    Simply good practice for a race pace stop.

I see lots of boxes light up and rarely anyone actually uses them :)

I would just like more company, lol most rooms say 20 I see another 2/3 pit and go out again, another few use pitlane, then esc, be nice to have more out there is all, make for some good screens too :)

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

All excellent tips - thanks for sharing. After my first online experiences in rF2 on Indy I also ran F3 on your server. Tops fun

3. Cutforth Motorsports

Cutforth Motorsports Registered

Excellent tips there durge. I ran a few laps with you the other night and you were helping me in the server and helped numerous amounts of people out with sets and giving feedback on players line which you don't see many people doing or you don't see it often.

These tips will come in handy for new people like myself and I reckon if people read these it will make racing this mod in the servers provided a lot more fun and less people will complain. :D

4. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Southern Hemisphere represent. Where are you guys when I wanna get on in the arvo's?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I hang around from 4pm then okay.

2 or 3 keep restarting weekends it does not take long to get a decent grid there usually.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well makes sense don't it, cursing people and dismissing them is not going to help anyone.

Do some slower laps with them, look on track for people need help when you drink tea or have a smoke.
    It is not too hard when you watch a few laps what a problem may be ie: setup , wheel sensitivity , etc

That can only make quality of the sessions better surely . :)

I get in trouble for talking too much. lopl

7. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm always amazed at how you can type so much while driving with your knees.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lopl

Rooms been frozen for a half a day..........

Really need admin for these rooms that going to be here.

9. CRL_Cactus

CRL_Cactus Registered

The Server is still down
    Please someone fix it

10. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered