Gear shift change indicator, replay overlay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Patrocles, May 31, 2014.

1. Patrocles

Patrocles Registered

Long time lurker, finally downloaded and installed rF2 owner (lifetime owner)... :p

rF2 is a nice game that I am still coming to terms with after a couple of days of use. The other racing games I play regularly are iRacing, Assetto Corsa, GT5, and FM4.

I downloaded and installed a few of the official rF2 cars and tracks. the renault megane is awesome!
    I have found the AI to be the best of the other 4 games mentioned above! Running the megane against the AI is worth the price of the game! imho,ymmv

I searched the game options and came up empty so any help would be appreciated:
    I am currently using the HUD overlay in the cockpit view. I noticed that the gear indicator changes flashing red indicating it is time upshift when I hit the rev limiter. Is there a way to change this setting so the gear shift indicator can turn flashing red before I hit the rev limiter?

When I save a race and go to the Replay after exiting the event I noticed it always shows an overlay with the replay controls, g-meter(?), pedal and wheel inputs, etc. Is there a way to get rid of this overlay?

Thanks in advance!
    :)

2. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Press enter to hide the overlay

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

A truer statement I have not seen!
    Plus the Megane is pretty much the only car used online, so your in luck if you decide to start racing online.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

There is a HUD? :p I do o.k relying on sound for gear changes. Plus I can usually see a bit of my dash when driving and I'll use the rpm indicator there. So I can't really answer your question but you can change styles of your HUD, maybe that will work.

View attachment 13002

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  5. Patrocles

Patrocles Registered

Thanks for the help, guys!

Jamie, I will try and see if I can use sound, but my hearing is not too good.
    I should have specified that I have only driven the Honda Civic, Megane, and the Nissan GT-R. The Megane is also awesome in that it has a lightbar in the cockpit that flashes red for upshifts. The Civic and GT-R do not have this AFAICT.

6. crz

crz Registered

I've been looking for an option in the .plr file but no luck. Looks like it is how it is for now.

Try the Eve or Spark F1 at a wide track with some straights. If you are not interested in that type of car then do it anyway just for the giggles :D

7. Patrocles

Patrocles Registered

I found a solution to my concern.

You guys probably already know of this, but is a free program called FanaLEDs for Fanatec hardware. So I downloaded and installed the FanaLEDs as directed and my wheel would show the gear indicator, but nothing would flash for upshifts! Then I searched the FanaLEDs forum and one said he had the same and he said to increase the flash time indicator. I did that and it now flashes the gear and [ ] symbols on my wheel for upshifts before I hit the revlimiter!
    http://www.fanaleds.com/downloads

And now I can also turn off the HUD overlay for a more immersive rF2 experience!

fwiw...I bought the URD mod download for EGT racing and it is brilliant! go get it now!

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Got it. :)