"Project Dot" the laser scan project

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Adrianstealth, May 31, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

EDIT this is the: Project Dot Thread

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Good point

3. canastos

canastos Registered

mmmmmm

+1

;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

& more interest from a full stop lol

...watch this space though .....& expect something BIG .....BIG I tell you !

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Adrian is coming out with the next build himself - build 737 stealth edition, known internally as V.737S.

Contains many prototype "block ops" projects, such as, but not limited to, the following:

- individually calculated water droplets each with their own physics calculations

- a 100% dynamic sound engine which is directly connected to the design and physics of the car/engine/exhaust/intake. Simply modding a new exhaust shape, or different motor parts/characteristics/design/parameters will automatically produce the relatively correct sound - all done dynamically based on hundreds or maybe even thousands of variables.

- the game takes absolute FULL AND PROPER advantage of 6 threads. It is a "true" 6 thread piece of software.

NOTE:
    A) A 4-core non-hyperthreaded CPU will be what ISI recommends to use as the new minimum.

B) A 4-core w/ hyperthreading will be great and what, by far, most people use. They can almost take full advantage of the 6-thread programming of the game because of their 4 physical cores + 4 more threads from hyperthreading, they will be very happy with the performance.

C) A 6 physical core CPU (such as Intel's Sandy Bridge-E, Ivy Bridge-E, the very soon to come Haswell-E, etc.) will provide the absolute best performance possible - physical cores beat part-physical part-hyperthreaded cores. Having said that, the performance difference between a 6 physical core CPU and a 3/4 physical core CPU w/HT is noticeable but won't be huge due to hyperthreading technology generally working very good nowadays.

D) In multiplayer with, for eg. 64 other real-life opponents, the game will take advantage of more than 6 threads (like how EA's Battlefield 3 can take advantage of many threads in very large online MP games of up to 64 players). This is the only time that more than 6 threads can "truly" be used by the game. For the actual processing of the core game itself though, outside of any online MP opponent calculations, the game is fully developed as a 6 thread piece of software.

- Proper 6-thread programming allows ISI to really go nuts with the fidelity and complexity of not only their vehicle dynamics and tyre modeling system, but their entire live & dynamic world physics engine. The marbles of tyre rubber, like the rain drops, are all individually and dynamically modeled. Weather systems become much more dynamic and complex. Different ground/track surfaces become much more complex and "alive". The damage model becomes extremely dynamic and complex. Many parts of the car have properties attributed to them including, but not limited to weight/mass, stiffness/flexibility, how they can withstand heat (engine parts, bodywork near exhaust, brake/wheel systems, etc.) and/or extreme pressures (internal engine parts, aerodynamic forces pressing hard on areas/parts of the car). Physics are being processed for almost anything that has any sort of effect on the racing.

- Rumour has it that ISI will internally start to experiment with fluid dynamics for "real" aerodynamics in rFactor 2 once the 8-core/16-thread Intel Haswell-E gets released, but won't be looking to release it until, at the earliest, summer 2016, but 2017-2018 is a much more believed release date from apparent internal "leaks". The "real" aero model system, plus many other improvements by then, will be the cause of ISI doing another major reprogramming of the product in order to take full and proper advantage of mire than 6 threads. Inside sources say that ISI are looking to, and need to achieve a minimum of proper/full 10-thread programming in order to run the fluid dynamics aerodynamics engine along with the rest of the game which will be even more complex and demanding by the time the time "RealAero" gets released.

- Cancelled/Delayed - The worlds first sim to have it's physics engine fully, 100% connected to it's graphics engine, regardless of how minute or even pointless it may be. There is no optimization, 100% of every single line of physics code is represented graphically, at the same fidelity, the same frequency, everything. This is been cancelled/delayed until further notice. Due to the extreme and increasing complexity of the game/sim, this feature would be an extreme resource drain, with no effect at all on gameplay (purely visual only). Further developing and optimizing the physics-to-graphics connection is a much more efficient way to do things which can visually achieve 99% of an absolute 100% direct physics-to-graphics method while being exponentially less intensive and demanding on ones PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, but it's payware bro, so screw it. Mods should be free 4 lyf.

8. Cutforth Motorsports

Cutforth Motorsports Registered

Agree totally with mods being free.

We have already had to p2p so having to buy mods in my opinion would soon start drawing people away from the game and for a community to be successful don't you need people that are willing to play not people that are willing to bitch about having to pay.

Just my opinion.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Aaaaaand that's pointless (pardon the pun) to bs to raw opinion in 4 posts. I'm impressed ;)

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

2 things brooo.

1) Wow, another Enzedder!

2) I was having luls with my post XD

[​IMG]

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

A one time payment of $85 is too much to ask for?

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What's this thread even supposed to be about? Lol.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, I have no idea what's going on....for it to be spelt out...I'm kidding.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

??? On tapatalk on my iPhone the thread has no title besides a dot ("."), and the first post has nothing, again, besides a single dot (".").

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi all

yes this is the dot thread, it originally had some super exciting ground breaking information that no one was interested in,
    so I tried to delete the thread but I couldn't so I made a dot instead.

however something BIG is underway, let us allow the dot to represent this

do not underestimate the power of the .

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

I think this is one of those newfangled viral marketing thingys going on here....hmmmmm...because now we are all super interested in what this dot is...XD

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

minibull it's not what the dot is, it's what it represents

let us except the dot for what it is

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

What is this dude?
    Messing up topics, trolling??

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no I tried to delete the thread after writing a long description of a track project

using laser point cloud equipment, then I realised I have to do some trial runs and test software 1st will take some time before the actual track can be produced, I though by posting the actual track could stop someone else developing
    so I decided to delete the thread , only I couldn't seem to do this so I put the power dot there and intended to return to the dot thread with all the info again but with some scan test runs of roads close to my house etc
    I'm awaiting on info as I've contacted a few people re.software & equipment etc

strange no one was interested in the original info which I thought was quite exciting but everyone is interested in the dot

I'm going to name this : "project dot"

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am interested in both the technology and which track it is.

There may be opportunities for collaboration even if someone else is or has worked on it.