RFactor 2 accident dynamics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chosa, May 29, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I hope that fixing up simple collision comes soon, one annoying thing when racing the AI is tapping them ever so slightly on their rear bumper and it throwing you into a sharp spin. Yes not technically "crashing" per se but collision work, just mentioning it whilst I'm here!

2. Chosa

Chosa Registered

Sorry for my english...

I'm curious if this can be improved or it must remain unchanged due to the programming of RF2 (or something else) as to not affect other aspects already good.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Everything can be improved if the head of the project decides it is a direction to put time into.

Saying an engine someone is developing can't do something never really fits. It's about what the developer wants to do with their engine. :)

4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I want to talk more about the new system RealRoad, and adjusting the graphic part. But probably not wait for an answer. Tim offended.

Really, I do not like the system PeаlRoad. Not beautiful and not truthful.

Tim, do not be offended at me. I'm good, just emotional.

Say hello to the project manager, and tell him that it is largely mistaken. And time goes by. People no build, cars and tracks, the graphical part of a complex setup and no stability. League go with your platform because of the complexity and the no beautiful visual part of the game.

I wish you good luck!

5. stonec

stonec Registered

The collision was just worked on in latest build...

MULTIPLAYER:
    ————————
    Implemented a likely improvement in multiplayer collision.

Multiplayer collisions work quite well at moment, we have no issues with that in my league anymore. In heavy crashes, the car keeps rolling or bouncing too long, as if the car was a ping-pong ball. Maybe it's because the damage system does not allow deformation at moment and the kinetic energy of the car is not transformed to heat/deformation. But it's not a big issue.

6. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

IMO, FWIW, if the crash physics/model were more realistic in any simulator, it would promote better racing because even the incidental contact taken for granted at the moment, would be eliminated.

The 'Banzai' attitude and driving style far too many drivers in rF2, iRacing, Assetto, etc., currently get away with would be gone because you'd be rendered inoperable very quickly. Big mistakes would no longer be rewarded with a limp to the pits for repairs. It would be race over with the car crushed and half its pieces in shreds, strewn over the track.

Soft crushable physics is the future IMO. We have GPUs capable of physics calculations including the ability to have those devices operating as dedicated processors. We also have multicore CPUs that are no where near being used to their fullest potential.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't really agree that the danger of damage would do much to curb accidents. People will always drive that way. People drive horrendously badly on normal roads where they endanger families, let alone on the race track.

8. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

I suppose I'm just being wishful that the driving across the board in all sims would clean up.

As for these yahoos.. I truly hope they were all disciplined, suspended and or fined for that silly display. When I raced Karts, if we ever pulled any stunts remotely similar, there'd be hell to pay in the race steward's office.

We used to have a mantra like saying in the Karting series I was in. "I'll take the worst driver on the track over the best driver on the street any time."

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That looks like an online race!

And it looks like real race cars can tip when not piloted properly, too!

Wow...rF2 is the real experience ;)

10. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

[video]https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpa1/v/t43.1792-2/1043332_10201294429300871_824036756_n.mp4?oh=18a1f 8d30a37e98da5e204c36de97c54&oe=5387DB06&__gda__=1401411741_f58f7feb195a328f2b5a6627a656b93 3[/video]
    ouch

11. Joe

Joe Registered

rF2 crash test