RFactor 2 accident dynamics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chosa, May 29, 2014.

1. Chosa

Chosa Registered

Hi,

watching the car rolling or flying after a crash, we can see that something goes wrong in the physics of this sim...

It seems that the car take off or rolling, uncaring inertia...often the car stop in a point in the air and roll...

It's a problem that we can find in all rfactor based game, from the first rfactor to gtr series, and now after two years of rfactor2 it is still with us...

I do not understand why a simulator so beautiful and realistic as long as you have the wheels on the road is not able to simulate well the dynamics of accidents...

Running on the oval is evident: try to make an accident at the oval indy, and try to do the same with any of the Papyrus Nascar Racing...

Is there any hope to fix this in the future?

2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

No. Empty Promises . Many years to stagnate and not see visual improvements. Graphics - terrible. HDR - awful. You can only ride on four wheels, without the possibility for error.
    Come back in 10 years to make promises Alpha-beta rFactor3.5 build 45022.

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

your desire will desire. The end.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

^Well that's one way of putting it, I guess....:rolleyes:

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

wow very helpfull. Please speak your advices = hot air in a plastic bag and put this in front of your door.

6. osella

osella Registered

It is true though, damage and accidents in general are overlooked in the newer sims and only being worked on as the very latest thing.. damage in rf2 definitely sucks, it's worse than rf1 actually, nothing we can do about it now.

Neither assetto corsa or project cars implement crashes any better than rf2 though!

For me it's very important and I would like it to be finished sooner than rain for example but we all have different list of priorities, I get that. I don't crash often btw, I'm a "consistently slow" driver, don't take too many risks and always try to finish the race without a scratch but even so having somewhat realistic consequences for doing it wrong would immerse me a lot.

Tim said it's not high priority so definitely expect to wait years, not months for any kind of change...

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

it's also a problem in Iracing :

http://youtu.be/Ddyy1HXraXI

the only thing I'd like to see changed is damage at 100% seem like 100% as it seems a tad forgiving at the moment
    ( as trying to solve/perfect the crash physics of simulators I think would be a massive undertaking based on things I've read here and there )

even if knocks just put the steering out of whack a bit etc
    ( anything that's more than a light tap )

8. Chosa

Chosa Registered

Ok but the Iracing example you posted maybe is a too extreme case...as far i know Iracing is based on NR2003...

Here you are a video of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvzTrNqj-c

You can see that inertia is very good (it's a 2003 game)...

So I ask again why have the isi sims the road physics splitted by..the air phiysics?

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I don't know

edit : best try not to crash

:D

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  10. pas74

pas74 Registered

Please Tim could you ban forever the king of the trolls aka "DimitryRus"?
    - we don't need him -

11. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Good title. From the very beginning of the Beta test said all the shortcomings, all laugh or swear. ( Limitations of my knowledge of the language.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can't take you seriously due to some of this stuff. lol

Sent using Tapatalk

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

[​IMG]

14. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Even if I write a thesis for the native language "shortcomings rF2." not be able to translate into your language.
    Not about that.

Chosa asked:

I do not understand why a simulator so beautiful and realistic as long as you have the wheels on the road is not able to simulate well the dynamics of accidents...
    Is there any hope to fix this in the future?

I want to clarify:
    Refine - in which the future? 1 year - 3 years?

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

When I want good physic when my wheels are not on the ground I play Flight Simulator. For nearly all other cases*, I play rF2, and I'm happy :)

*But under water with Silent Hunter and Space Ship with X Rebirth 2.0 ;)

Saying that, I agree physic could be better when tires leaves the ground. Like said by Adrianstealth: I try to avoid ;)

16. 88mphTim

When done. It's a shame when someone such as yourself takes away the questions other people have, so I will not be answering you again.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

stop quoting him, he's on my ignore list but pops up everytime you quote him ;)

18. 88mphTim

It's a problem that you will find in any and every advanced physics simulation. Often there is unhanded energy unable to dissipate.

It will never be 100%. Never. There will always be strange looking crashes in certain circumstances, but we are planning to try to work on them at some point. However, racing comes a long, long, long way before crashing. Our racing experience needs more work first.

19. Chosa

Chosa Registered

I agree without any doubt, but now that we have official support for oval tracks layout I think that the dynamic of the collision and the flip must be improved, because big crashes are a piece of the game on the oval...

And however, I find something strange even in the short jump like on lime rock...

I would like to know if in the future there will be updates in this sense and, if not, if it depends on the nature of the ISI physics engine that can't realistically manage the car when it has not wheels on the asphalt (and I'd like to know why:)

20. 88mphTim

Why do you think we work on the engine?