Empty Box thoughts on indy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, May 26, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

To each his own, no drama and also no long face here. That's just my opinion as well as from all other, and it seems we are not all of the same opinion, what's good, and it is not in my area of ​​responsibility but I wouldn't allow it just like the video on VR without HDR in use.

So you think it is good as it is, I don't, and you are just looking from the pov of a intrested customer but actually don't care about the company.

I had my own company and was long enough in the business, I can rate the effect,
    believe me, and it isn't a positiv effect at all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oh lawdy, not once have i seen hexagramme state what you said there...you don't have to either obsess over the car and praise everything about it or slags it to pieces...then maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying...

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sorry Minibull i don't get what you`re saying.

I think I have made my viewpoint clear, and it is nothing personal, just another point of view.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

"to each his own" is pretty ironic considering youre suggesting outright censorship & punishment/theft for expression of opinion.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

I meant opinions, to each his own. Mine you have understand.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I totally understand that Indy fans (who know the Indy rules etc) would like these in rfactor 2

but to much negative reaction, Tim initial comments said it was a "rushed" release no doubt to make it in time for Indy & there's an update coming + they are also keen for feedback etc

we have a bran new very nice looking (& at least for me good fps wise too) track complete with multipul configurations,
    which we can run any sim car on & a much needed addition,
    the DW12 car is very promising for first release also (although currently to "planted" for me )

I think as an overall release it's a great addition to rfactor 2

I don't really have anything against empty box or his vid but he should have considered or stated Tim's initial comments (which I see as quite a major point stated on release) opening comments of his vid, or held off until updates.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It's a fine car, fine track, great additions - tried them yesterday. once it's polished down it'll be even greater.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay then, where to start...

I have never stated that I just think that rF2's just "good as it is", all perfect, no more improvements to be made. That's one misunderstanding out of the way. Kay then.
    I acknowledge that the Real Road acceleration needs to be slowed down so we don't race on tracks paved with rubber.
    Tyres need work, which we know is coming. Wet weather needs work and that's on its way too. Certain cars and tracks need updates, and that's coming too.

Actually I've been quite clear around the forums, that I'm not satisfied with the new combo of the DW12 on the Indy oval. It just feels off to me. I don't enjoy it. This is a first for me, in rF2, regarding official ISI content.
    When I sat down and tried the combo last Saturday, I had the exact same feeling that Matt then expressed a day or two later in his video.

The oval racing in rF2 still has a long way to go.
    Then again, I'm way more optimistic than he is, because knowing how ISI work and how incredibly talented they are, I know that the oval racing will eventually become completely awesome.
    There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the case, so I'm really calm about it. I'm not going to be racing the oval much as of now, but I will be when later builds and content updates improve the experience.
    Racing the DW12 on the road courses though... This is a complete and utter blast for me. I can't get enough of it.

I am not just looking at this from the pov of an interested customer, as you falsely state above. Not at all.
    I admit that I had that pov some time ago.
    And I made some very stupid comments in the Lada release thread, where I said that the mod was ugly as sin and would damage rF2 when people saw the videos on YouTube.
    I've wisened up since then.

The most important thing to have out there, in this time of early access racing sims, is information.
    As I said, very few people are dense enough to think that such a product as rF2 could be anywhere near perfect at this point.
    Long way to go yet. Most people know this. Most people also just want to be able to make informed choices, as to what sim(s) to buy.

This is why the censorship you're suggesting is close to madness, excuse me for saying so.
    The more in depth videos that are out there, the better. People will flock around rF2 even though there are some negative videos floating around.

At a certain other sim's closed forum, there are rules that state, that if you upload a video of the WIP stuff, you must write in the video description field such and such "this being a unfinished work" and so on.
    But of course people can upload stuff and talk about it any way they want, as long as it's clear that it is WIP.

9. Paul Todd

Paul Todd Registered

I never care to watch his videos but went out of my way to watch this video as I have a real interest with this car. When it comes to people that race on Iracing voicing their opinion I take it with a pinch of salt. With so much money spent on tracks, cars & a subscription to boot I kind of get the feeling they will always try to justify why it's the best sim.

In the video I feel he is being a bit picky as I have seen many times 2 wide in Iracing when watching streams.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

It's not about you and also not about the person doing it. I get that you are very relaxed and it is generally nothing personal against anybody, not against opinions, not regard criticism and I think it's even good if one contributes to it but as I said I would not allow it public because it is done like an review which states errors.

The sign of wip status would then be no excuse anymore for me and I think the makers are aware of the status but still do so as if the world goes down and it would have to be equal to a final product, moreover it was made clear that things are not ready and that it may still have errors. It would be different if it is not like a public presentation of faulty software.

I'm not suggesting, just saying how i would handle it.

Completely unnecessary imho.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick thing, this isn't just a WIP. It's a full v1.0 release that will receive further improvements. It's madness reading things here, some bias that goes a long way into forgetting common sense and misinterpreting everything, including an impartial opinion with supporting argument. Opinion.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nevertheless remains an opinion. It should not be my problem and interesting as the people distract from the actual topic and select a black sheep just because they do not share the opinion.

13. msportdan

msportdan Banned

some of you need to chill, its a game,, just enjoy it for what its worth,...

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Yes indeed. You've shared yours and I've shared mine.
    I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore because there's somewhat of a languare barrier, so let's leave it at that for now and get back OT. :p

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I agree, but the points made on how it is currently are valid opinion.

I'd hope he'll revisit it when he has an updated version.

Sent using Tapatalk

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm sure he will. He seems an avid Indy fan, so I don't think he can keep away when the update comes. :cool:

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You did this a while ago, but no namecalling, please. There's also a distinction between saying someone is trolling, and that someone is a troll. While "troll" is lower on my insult barometer than "idiot", I'd suggest folks try to stop doing it, you're just going to get a thread closed, etc.

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

As big of an indy fan as he is, I have no doubt about the revisit, and the credit will go where credit is due.

I'm just staying away from the oval for now and enjoy the road specs, its alot of fun with the racey setup as well as the default (depending on track).

Question: Since especially in oval racing safety car is quite a prevalent part of the race, is there plans on having a safety car being called to the track after an accident, and perhaps implement this for road courses as well?
    I suspect that when pieces start to fly from the cars, that they will stay on the track?
    It would be nice to have a totalled car to stay on the track for the time being, and clear it in timely manner like in RL racing incidents.
    Perhaps online feature could have a timer setting for this wreck, and potentially a safety car sensitivity value as well.
    I'm sure leagues would be all about this, public might get too weird, since people cant even do a warmup lap in one piece. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Tim, just bumping this one as you seem to have missed it:)

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I really want to try the iRacing version to compare, especially on regular tracks (non-oval). I have a feeling the rFactor 2 version will generally be better in most physics behaviour aspects (and definitely 10000% better in FFB ) due to rFactor 2 just generally having better overal driving physics; I can't be 100% sure though because paying $12-$15 so that I can have the privilege of playing 1 and only 1 single sim-car is seriously beyond ridiculous. If I buy the Indy track that's what, another $15 or $20? That's more than I payed to buy the ENTIRE Game Stock Car 2013 / Extreme sim, and almost as much as I payed to buy the ENTIRE Assetto Corsa game (minus future DLCs).

I'm a fan of iracing, I actually ONLY played iRacing for a whole year or so (I think I had around 150 races in 2008 or 2009, of which over 30% were race wins so i clearly spent lots of time with the sim). But they should be ashamed of their pricing. Seriously, even saying that it's a rip-off or ridiculous is an understatement.