T500rs disconnects on track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by triskele10, May 25, 2014.

1. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

My t500 disconnects when I want to race
    I can detect it and set it up in the main wheel menu but once I load a track it disconnects and can't be found. I can exit the track and go back to the main menu again and set it up but on track it isn't found.

This happens only since last week.

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hmm, i know this might not make sense (since the problem was not present until recently) but if you're not using the rear motherboard usb ports for the t500, try them instead.

I had an similar issue before with a usb splitter. Worth a shot, easy to try.

3. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

I have no problems with other games and use a separate USB PCI card to avoid disconnect problems from the past. But I try different USB ports.

Doesn't make a difference.

The wheel works only one time when I start rF2, when I go to the pits it's disconnected and I have to restart the game to do some laps.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

How very odd. When you say the wheel disconnects, do you mean from within the sim or also from windows (i.e. no longer visible under game controllers)?

5. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

It disconnect only in rf2.

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I haven't a clue what might be the problem. I know it's a bit extreme, but have you tried reinstalling rf2?

7. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

No, that's the next I'll do.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

When it happen, ALT-TAB from rF2 to WIndows and then if you go in the Thursmaster Control Panel all is fine? Weird, don't have this problem with my T500RS... I remember they provided a firmware once to fix a similar problem. Does your firmware is up to date?

Edit: and do you hear the Windows USB unplug/plug sound when it happen?

9. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

I have reinstalled the latest driver and I here the unplug/plug sound

10. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I have had a couple of similar problems with my T500. The first time it would work for literally a few minutes, maybe only a couple of laps before losing all FFB and crashing rF2 and needing to be unplugged for a minute.
    Then Thrustmaster sent me a replacement main PCB (greatly understated the complexity of the install, but i've soldered before so got through it ok,) after this it would work again (but not in USB2 sockets anymore) for 20-30minutes before crashing the game but staying switched on and being able to go again for more like only 5 minutes before doing the same again.
    I only once tried it in assetto and it didn't crash the game but after 20minutes the game all of a sudden started stuttering and the FFB was affected.
    Now I've sent it back to Thrustmaster in France (who didnt offer to pay return shipping until I asked) and they are saying they've tested it and cannot find a problem! So good luck with your problem, but if you have to deal with support then be careful lol!

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I had this issue quite often (not only on rF2 but every sims spreaded).

The only thing that made the trick for me was: I swap my wheel's AC to another energy socket and used an energy stabilizer between them. I also threw my old USB extension away, replacing by an USB extension with standalone power supply.

It has never happened again.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Balls....are they sending you a replacement though? You have to fight (whilst still remaining polite ofc) with them in these cases (their response is simply bs). Or try to contact them through the other email contacts explaining the situation and that your absolutely disgusted by the support being given. Someone working there will be more willing to help you out.

Lost count of the number of times i've called up or emailed support for this or that company only to find the first couple of support personal are completely incompetant or unhelpful. I put down the phone, wait 10 seconds, then call again.

Don't give up, you can get yourself a new wheel.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  13. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I need to phone them. It takes them 24hrs+ to reply to emails anyway, it has been almost 2 months now without it working!

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yeah, tell them to send you a new one or else they're going to end up wasting their money when it breaks again the moment you get it back (because the guy who signed off on your wheel is not doing his job right) and they'll have to fork out on shipping and time wasting all over again. If the support personnel you're dealing with is not being reasonable, ask them for someone (e.g. their manager) you can complain to about the support your receiving. It's more for show than anything else, but if they give you a contact email/number...call it. How your issue is being handled is bs. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to fight for the service you deserve.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014