Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. chrisdelta

chrisdelta Registered

2. wobbly

wobbly Registered

Fantastic addition to the sim, well done guys. My only grip is in replays Where I can go down to around 4fps for some reason. In car I get over 110FPS so I'm a bit confused but no doubt it's my problem.

3. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks ISI for another top quality release. My new favourite car and track.

4. wobbly

wobbly Registered

rFactor 1 had exactly the same so I take it you are a newcomer to the series?

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Never had a taste for oval racing but damn... 380 on the metric tach is impressive, especially inches from the wall.

Funny, the old Indy500 was my first racing game ever. Full circle that it now appears in my first "serious sim".

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

This morning I had the same issue as mentioned above, the AI driving the oval config, whereas I had choosen the road-config, at the 2014 road-course.

Furthermore I can confirm the car in the presentational screen to boast wheels of a slick/rain tyre mixture.

Edit: Just to get back to the grip issue: After some more laps this morning, I still percieve the car to have too much grip, but only in the dry, in the wet it was very slippery. Even with the first gears scaled down, as they are with the default setup, one simply can not get the car to break grip when accelarating out of the corners. From watching some RL footage, the cars seem to have less grip. Maybe not overall grip, but at least they move around more. This is of course purely my own perception of things. But after reading about some hot- laps by some fast guy at the oval, where they were more than 2 sec faster than the pole time last year, I do wonder whether that is an indication that there might be too much grip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

8. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Even with shadows set to max I have noticed a little problem with the shadows.

Setting texture sharpening to 0, or using shadow blur makes the shadows of the fences disappear too early
    View attachment 12898

With texture sharpening set to 5 (Auto) and shadow blur off they extend well into the distance:
    View attachment 12899

Is there any way around this or is it an unavoidable effect of these settings on thin shadows?

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

You are talking about Morgan Morand? I'm pretty sure that's not an oval laptime...as he was talking about something like 1:09.XXX, which is terribly slow for the oval. I would pick that it's for the 2014 circuit track config.

10. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This.

How cool it'd be to have a Indy500 vs rFactor2 side by side video comparison ;-)

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I must be doing something wrong, because I can.

12. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

nice track thank you. Not being a Yank I'm not interested in Indy as I cannot see the appeal. However GP circuit and FR3.5 match well.

I note a massive hit in fps too with the DW car

Thank you :)

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ah ? So I have to fix my sentence:

14. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

You could very well be right, that name sounds familiar. I read those comments and thought they concerned the oval, but maybe not:)

15. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Maybe you are:) It's set-up and driver dependant of course, and maybe I should have said: "I" can not get the car...:D. It simply reflects mz feelings..

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Another very good work, very good visuals, very good performance thx,.......was driven by friends last night which did not want to stop. :)

I could only briefly drive the car but I found the ffb very weak and the realistic hd profile generated white edges to the numbers in the display, otherwise it has left a very good impression.

Regarding grip, I can not judge but could that be because the car has a relatively high gear-ratio for high speeds that it seems to have too much grip, also in the lower range.

I have to test it myself but lower torque in the lower part can leave these impressive.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re. To much grip
    (or feeling of traction control aid on )

( dry track grip only - as wet seems great )

Looking at various posts -Not just me then phew !

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

I even don't know the configuration variables of this car and I have to learn it, if I have pleasure for, otherwise I sit in and go purely. :)

Let's see what I'll have for an impression, but even if, I don't know the real grip level let alone indy cars, I wouldn't even know wether it is to much or to less.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I ended up not moving this weekend after all and I got to try the DW12 last night: I love it! The Indy RC 2014 is fantastic (but confusing without cones or anything). TY ISI

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

One has to be "a yank" to be able to appreciate American motorsports....? :confused: