Need help officiating a race incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manta, May 23, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the main conclusion here is that ISI should implement an automatic penalty system like we know it exists in other games. They should fine tune it in order that with really clear situations the decision would be the logical one. For unclear situations the decision will never satisfy everybody but this thread proves it would not really matter. Probably we would get to understand the criteria behind and adapt our driving to it.

As I said as league admin I need to go through all the claims and it takes a while every 2 weeks in my case.

Any support to this?

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. Maug

Maug Registered

If someone is to blame, it's the red car.

Green car leaving no space? Crowding the red car?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Forget it. Some think that green car should have moved ALL to the left in order that red car can have more space to manouver and can do what he wants and he does not have to care if someone else is around.

Irony off. I completely agree with you. For me one of the most clear incidents I have ever seen.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I have no interest getting back into this conversation, but as I have over the years read alot of rule books for different motorsports (alot of them requires alot of skimming since they can be massive.), I found a decent link that summarizes with few visual aids to help understanding the overtaking rules and regulations.

http://ignition.my/2012/09/20/snf-guide-to-overtaking-rules/

I have to go put this into AC forums as well, theres Alot more people there that need to learn some **** before I will race them.
    rF2 seems to be off putting for noobs, (even if theres the same driving aids) thanks for that ISI. :p

5. Manta

Manta Registered

Thank you all for your responses. For what it's worth I was the green car. I'd like to thank Spaskis for unknowingly being my defence attorney in this thread. We see eye to eye. Love ya buddy ;)

My point of view was he went inside so I wanted to pin him there because his tires were shot and mine were over 1 sec per lap quicker so I knew I could out brake him. I knew the rubbered line was there but felt I was under no obligation to take it. Give us both no angle to the corner and make it a braking competition. What would've happened in the corner is anyone's guess. I thought he would have to brake earlier than me and I could take the corner but if he didn't, I had the grip to go round the outside and have the inside line for the next left (provided he didn't slide into me). I angled out as we got near the braking zone to ensure I wasn't going to wedge into him in the corner. Unfortunately we never got that far because as I (and some of you) see it, he came across on an angle (albeit a slight one) and clipped my mid-rear and turned me to the right. Could blame rf2 crash physics but I think it was more the timing. He unintentionally touched my rear just as I hit the brakes so all my weight went to the front leaving my rear light and vulnerable. The contact was slight but it ruined my last chance at taking the position so I felt hard done by but in the end the decision was that the contact was too minor to warrant a penalty. It was called a racing incident.

Thanks again for all your input. I'll get him next time :)

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

;) whats fair is fair buddy. Keep on

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

From these 3 pictures you can clearly see green is forcing red to the right. Just compare car positions to rubbered driving line (which is BTW where the racing is supposed to be done). Green pushed it too far and had to pay for it. Racing incident. :)

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

And all this time there's me thinking the green car was Spaskis :p;):D

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  9. MJP

MJP Registered

Yeah forcing him to only be able to use half the track how unfair of him. Unfortunately this wasn't enough for the red car and he wanted more track specifically the part where someone else was already there. Been there and done that loads of times, why is is even when you leave room some people always want to be on the bit of track you're on lol.

10. Maug

Maug Registered

It's clearly the green car that pushes the red one inside the corner... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Really? we can only race on the racing line? the rest of the track surface is illegal?

12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

They were both off the racing line, and they tried to drive back to it without paying attention to their surrounding, i 'll give no penalty.
    Or one warning for both, for their consecutives dangerous moves.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I have to say a big no on this one. These sort of penalty systems coded into software are never perfect and are just generally annoying. Let league admins/stewards figure this stuff out.

14. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Noooooooooooooo....

I hope that never happens. Both iRacing and AC feel totally non immersive and arcadish to me because of that.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Since you were on better tires you should have taken it, you would have completed the pass. ;)

16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes, it's illegal. You can only race where I say you can race. :p

My point was green should have been at the racing line during that point. Green was the only one who really knew how close they were to each others and took unnecessary risk. He should have moved left onto the racing line just before started to brake. This way there wouldn't have been any collision and he would have won the race/championship. Maybe next time then.

But as said before; racing accident - no penalties. And I don't blame the green - I just say he had keys to avoid collision and won the whole thing.

Just can't believe red is accused of causing the whole thing. And even penalized... wow.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lmao :)

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

How is that possible if they are in parallel?
    If red didnt now where exactly was green, he shouldn't have made that slight move to the left. His blindness is no excuse to me. He could see how green car had passed him so he should have stayed in the inside. You argument would excuse anyone that do not want to use mirros or the keys to look left or right which are there for something.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thanks for reply and conclusion :) Interesting :) Hope you and Rich are able to talk to each other :p

20. argo0

argo0 Registered

Double post, sorry