Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks for the new car, ISI. :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You appear to have been ignorant to the fact I was on Tapatalk, on my phone, as it said in my post.

Sorry, I can't understand your post as the overwhelming sense of tone and lack of respect makes it difficult to understand. Please try again.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Could be, it's true that my bike tires after a trackday are a little gray in the center from picking up dust into the heated rubber. Maybe this is intentional after all.

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Antaeus is not saying the colour in the centre is wrong, he is saying the jagged edges (between the different colours) look like low resolution or compression artifacts and make it look unrealistic. A tyre in motion would look more blurred and smooth, like in his edited image. Unfortunately his potentially helpful suggestion has been overshadowed by his ridiculously offensive, condescending tone.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

hi guys, just picked this up a bit ago, was quite happy to see this car. im still trying to straighten out settings for my g27 but i just wanted to make sure -- is this car supposed to have virtually nonexistant ffb? got great ffb in the demo from the civic, but i actually deleted that before installing & dont recall if id changed much. apologies for the silly question

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No silly questions, certainly not when it comes to force feedback.
    There are many threads around which has a lot of great info such as these:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19888-Let-s-talk-about-what-FFB-editing-is-possible-in-rF2
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19034-Optimal-FFB-settings-in-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

G27 user too, btw.

In the end it's a bit down to personal preference though. I used to drive a really heavy wheel as I felt more in control that way.
    Then I learned about clipping, and realized how much information is lost and how much slower you get if the wheel is clipping all the time.

I then changed my settings (as per linked threads) so I get almost no clipping now, only in the very fast corners. A perfect compromise of "feel" and maximum information.
    The lack of clipping means I can feel before the tires lose grip, and I can make corrections in low and mid speed corners.
    Getting these settings right will make you a lot faster.

Returning to your question, I get a lot of force feedback in this car. Not the heaviest of forces, but I guess it's because it's a very light car.
    The force feedback, when set correctly, is especially great in low speed corners such as hairpins.

I have always been very bad at hairpins. In this car, I suddenly felt what I was doing wrong.
    The force feedback was telling me that I actually turned in too aggressively, too much lock too soon.
    This made the car understeer instantly (ffb goes numb). If I turn the wheel slower and more smooth the ffb doesn't go numb and lap times improve.

7. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Hi all,
    Enjoying these cars very much, but one thing bothers me.
    The backfire sound when cars are changing gear seems to dominate. It seems too loud and too frequent and because it seems to be the same sample it can get quite distracting, especially from external views.
    Is there any way to tone it down a bit?

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thanks so much hex! a lot of minor adjusting to do but already a world of difference. :)

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're welcome mate. Good to hear you're moving towards what you like.
    The real thanks should go to the brains who go crazy with ffb torque data curves and the likes.
    Really helpful those threads.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

The colors could arise from non-calibrated monitors but the shape and resolution is another thing and I think the abrasion could be generally more clearly and accurately. It would be a very good indicator of the tire status but in this form that is just a useless effect and a more or less great as a plus for visuals but unusable.

I don't know how it builds up but when it is created dynamically with wear and reflects the actual contact area then it may be possible that the shape is not uniform as a result of irregular wear.

I find the color slightly misrepresents. The artifact similar presentation I don't see and this may have to do with the calibration of monitors.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

The car uses an ignition cut on upshifts, which gives a rather loud bang on the upshifts from the fuel igniting in the exhaust. The crackle on the downshifts is also exactly as the cars sound in real life too. I guess it is linked to the player car sounds though.

2 good vids of the cars and the sounds they make.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

What actually would happen when all racing series would castrate the soundscapes as does the F1.

Then no special soundengine would be required anymore for such a dull sound, and I would imagine that it makes no longer much fun than previously even if the synthetic sound never really reflected the reality.

Would that be the end for sim racing where we already lack a lot of effects. I could imagine that it gets boring. It's horrible to destroy the diabolical sound of this infernal machines.

13. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

good vid, but i said about moving tire in high speed (texture named rf35_ttread02.dds - 02 mean highest speed) in your vid tire dont moving more than 30km/h

Tim of course didnt check, simple problem, texture problem, but if user dont show whole path from begin to end, so problem dont exist?

14. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

have you got game for free? cracked?

we paid for engine or for all product? what ISI said at begin about whole game's content? i paid for all game so if i can improve guys who create game.. its incorrigible, im client

all the time i speak about problem who they can fix in some seconds, but texture of tire in OW could be main point, starting point for graphic creators, or not?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Well, at least I got to download the car for free. I haven't laid a dime since June last year. So there's that.

Concerning some of your replies... This is just a service to you mate, don't take it the wrong way:
    Something that doesn't go down well here on the forums (or anywhere) is that attitude.
    It'll most likely get you in a heap of trouble sooner rather than later. Just saying. Tone it down a touch, it's too much.

As a customer you're free to point out bugs and glitches etc. That's not a problem at all.
    It's what we're all here for, to all contribute to the constant betterment of rF2.
    This comes through expressing what we want in the future, what we want to have improved and so on.

What is a problem though is your implying that the ISI dev team is incompetent, and that you hold the holy grail.
    They have their agenda and their way of doing things, and they're doing it well, to say the least.
    The guys at ISI don't need to be "improved" by you, as you so arrogantly put it.

16. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

thanks for helping explanation

i know that my tone is too heavy, sorry, but i feel so irritated when i know, i see what creators of this game try sell me, and you and others

my graphic skill is on 2 level in 5 levels scale and i have to correct creators? who am i?

so again, please ISI BE FOCUS when release new content, please

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Indianapolis content has been announced first May 24, 2013 and you bought rF2 in January 2013. You didn't bought it, it's an extra gift they gave to us for free. They don't try to "sell it" to us :)

Those few pixels wrong in your opinion must don't put you up like you seems to be, it's more than a small detail. I know you don't care about my life but listen: personally I have a problem with the oranges 3D characters in rF2.

View attachment 12920

The other night, I had a terrible nightmare with those track guys. I was dreaming I left my house and those man was everywhere around my house, in the street, and even when I rushed in the police station to explain what I saw, the policeman was orange behind the desk and was shaking a yellow flag, pffiiiuu I wake up all swearing, awful. If somebody have enough graphical skills level, please (gently) suggest something to the ISI team, thanks! ;)

Edit: where the guys on the left hang his headset? ;)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

lol Yo... :D

Orange clad flagmen round every corner, behind every tree...... yikes! Scary... :eek:

The dude on the left obviously really enjoys his work! ;)

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is beginning to become surreal... I'm gonna gently back out of this now. Wow.

You ever saw the mutated alien version of those orange guys?? Talk about the stuff nightmares are made of!! :D
    [shrieking "Phycho"-style violins play]
    [​IMG]

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thanks for the laugh's. :D

The most bad, there is nothing more embarrassing as still to be dressed by the mother. :) He also has found an equal opportunity for hanging his headset. :)