Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Thanks Tim, ISI, Fantastic!

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Very Nice but wont be deleting the 2010, it feels more racey to me.

edit. I really must get in the habit of checking upgrades at the beginning, something I hardly ever do. :( now it comes alive.. great drive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Horrible idea to include sound files in every car, it should go in the other direction and open for possibility to refer to shared .MAS files instead. Imagine a multiclass event with say 10-12 models and each car has to have 20-40mb of identical texture/sound -data in it .rfcmp...

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

That's explain why when I installed it, there was only a Vehicle component (and not a MultiCmp) and I was not found the sound component dedicated to this 2014 car.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, it's also horrible for league admin like me to have to repack talent, sound, and vehicle AND multiCmp every time I make a mod update. Plus I need to upload both talent, sound and multiCmp to some host to get autodownload from server working. Now I just need to upload vehicle file, 3 times easier. Thanks ISI.

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you for the new wheels ISI, you rock.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You are just doing it wrong, you don't need to - you only have to refer to those. But I guess ISI is just dumbing it down... MultiCmp is crap cause it's really horribly supported, everone should just stick to .rfcmp

8. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much ISI!!

Downloading as we speak! ;)

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yep. URD for example already moved their common EGT sounds into a separate MAS, which cuts down on download sizes, install sizes, and maybe I guess also RAM usage.

Last one could be a big item as we already see 32bit RAM limits crashing the game on some tracks. More shared textures and sounds would help that I guess.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

If only modders were allowed to create custom shared .MASes I'd shut up :)

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Curious, how will the AI determine what downforce package to run?

In real life what DF packages will they run for this years calendar?

Monza (FR 3.5 uniquement)
    Motorland Aragón
    Monaco (FR 3.5 uniquement)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
    Moscow Raceway
    Nürburgring
    Hungaroring
    Circuit Paul Ricard
    Circuito de Jerez

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1 :)

13. JesterF1

JesterF1 Registered

I got the same problem, I had 'all cars and tracks' selected ... no dice

FIXED FOR ME: Installed 660 update ;-)

14. emha76

emha76 Registered

+1

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The month of May just got even better! What an awesome time to be a sim racer/racing fanatic. WOW!

Thanks ISI.

16. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

If you have 20-40 mb of identical texture/sound you just need one car with those files, the rest of the cars that will load those textures/sound.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have had the opportunity quickly to test the new open wheeler, very nice car, well done, very nice cockpit and the car is very well to drive in the standard.

It feels good but it is very sensitive on uneven underground like for example bumps, which are also very clearly passed on to the steering wheel and be very intrusive with increasing ffb strength.

The description and profile of the car is very good, short, informative and good to read. It clarified very well like the car actually behaves in sim, but also described the weaken very well, the miss sensation during slow ride etc.

The feedback reacts optimally in accordance with the descriptions but unfortunately, there is exactly a problem - no emotion under low loads of the vehicle

Otherwise again a great vehicle, thx. :)

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just did a quick test also, need to spend a good ten hours or so with it -which I will as I instantly liked it, 1st impressions though : top quality very very nice sim-car

lovely FFB , this sim-car seem a bit easier ( are they a little to easy ? .....I tried with the medium down force package, slides very very easy to catch ..I hate the thought of stuff being dumbed etc ) than I was expecting but obviously I've not drove the real world version so I cant say what's right or wrong

We're being spoilt at the moment I think

thanks to ISI & Dev's

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

First of all top job on presentation Tim, very informative and slick :)
    And great mod as well I might add!
    We are currently running in the 2010 FR3.5 mod so its very nice to be able to compare the two.

I've got a couple of questions though:

DRS/Rear flap, it seems to open after a few seconds once it is closed. every time. it keeps opening.
    Also its open initially when starting from garage and I reckon also when starting in a race(?)
    Am I doing something wrong? mapped rearwing to wheel, then to keyboard, same result.
    Edit: the rear opens when braking......what am I doing wrong lol.

We can set fuel as a strategy but we cannot alter it on-track (changing it on the fly)
    this is the same as in the 2010 mod so I reckon a decision based on.....but isn't it the teams job to alter fuel and we only take over that task on-track?

Suspension does not get repaired, same as in the 2010 mod. a bit of a bummer tbh, we would like to see our member be able to finish races under certain conditions.
    Also a decision based on reality I presume?

And finally, does anyone know if its possible to have the wing show in rearview-view?
    Half the time I have no idea if DRS is open or closed and would like the have a visual in cockpit to double check.
    There are about 10 view-entries in the .plr file but so far no luck.

Thx for a great mod ISI!

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Just ran a 30 min. race on Silverstone GT layout.

Other than the fact that I ran med. downforce and the rest of the pack ran high downforce, I had a complete and utter blast!

I can feel so much more with this car. It just feels so "raw" to drive, so cool.
    Love that you can get the power down more easily too, makes for some cracking battles coming out of turns.

Fun stuff, catching the AI on the straights and then having to defend in the corners due to bad traction. Going almost sideways through the last corners was maddening fun.
    ISI this is like sim racing heaven to me. Open wheelers, and even one that suits my driving style. Booyah!

I'm wondering though...
    How can I force the AI to drive the same car configuration as me? Not setup, but the configuration you choose in the car menu before loading the track?
    I'd like to see the AI drive the opposite configuration of me, makes for some serious fun.

Oh oh, and the gloves look AMAZING!!! :cool:

[​IMG]

Funny, I actually tried the same thing just two days ago.
    I remembered that there were a few lines like that in other .plr's (F1C, rF1 etc.) but I couldn't get it to work in rF2 either.

What's the deal y'all? I'd really love to see the rear wing and rear tires in my mirrors.