Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

New Formula Renault 3.5 available. Learn about it here:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/formula-renault-3-5-world-series-car/

This is essentially a scratch built car.

Important note, you will find the car in it's entirety under the VEH tag of the mod manager. All future cars will be like this, with talent and sound combined into the vehicle. This is to allow eventually automation for hosting. So I think you'll appreciate the annoyance of a change in category will be greatly outweighed by the benefits going forwards.

Only issues of note:
    - 6th gear rev limit, which will be corrected with next build.
    - We do not yet support time limited DRS, currently won't be fixed in next build.

Thanks,

Tim

Edit: Roll center info...

1-A
    Relative RC Height: +22.5mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.20°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

1-E
    Relative RC Height: +49.5mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.30°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

1-I
    Relative RC Height: +74.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.39°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

2-A
    Relative RC Height: +5.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.17°, Antisquat: 11.1%, Antilift: -18.3%

2-E
    Relative RC Height: +32.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.27°, Antisquat: 11.1%, Antilift: -18.3%

2-I
    Relative RC Height: +58.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.37°, Antisquat: 11.1%, Antilift: -18.3%

3-A
    Relative RC Height: -10.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.15°, Antisquat: 42.8%, Antilift: 42.5%

3-E
    Relative RC Height: +17.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.25°, Antisquat: 42.4%, Antilift: 42.5%

4-A
    Relative RC Height: -28.5mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.12°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

4-E (STD)
    Relative RC Height: /, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.22°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

4-I
    Relative RC Height: +26.5mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.32°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

5-E
    Relative RC Height: -24.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.19°, Antisquat: 11.6%, Antilift: -18.6%

5-I
    Relative RC Height: +3.3mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.29°, Antisquat: 11.6%, Antilift: -18.6%

6-A
    Relative RC Height: -55.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.06°, Antisquat: 42.6%, Antilift: 41.8%

6-E
    Relative RC Height: -27.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.16°, Antisquat: 42.6%, Antilift: 41.9%

7-E
    Relative RC Height: -51.0mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.13°, Antisquat: 27.0%, Antilift: 12.1%

7-I
    Relative RC Height: -29.3mm, Camber change for 10mm bump: -0.24°, Antisquat: 27.3%, Antilift: 12.3%

in general a reduction in the roll centre, will make the rear a bit more compliant, as it will want to pivot around a lower point, so in general it will make the rear end a bit 'easier' mid corner. Antisquat: is basically a resistance to the rear squating under acceleration, a softer setting will make it a little easier to accelerate out of corners. Anti-lift can increase the resistance that the rear wants to lift under braking, it can help make the aero more stable at high speed, but once again, in general makes it a bit trickier at lower speeds. And well camber change, some camber change with bump is desrieable, in general that means you can use less camber which gives 'some' advantage in a straight line. Of course everything is a compromise and that's why there are different settings available

Risto Kappet likes this.
  2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thank you ISI!!!

Planning another season for my league with this! :)

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I like that it's very shiny and has great stock liveries, finally! :D
    The cockpit is great but the decal textures on the car and helmet are quite pixelated, sadly.
    F-R 3.5 2010 uninstalled and deleted.

4. Kevin Krause

Kevin Krause Registered

Thankyou ISI, always exciting coming home to new content......... downloading now. : )

5. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Is it just me? Or are both download links super slow? I guess there are thousands of people downloading at the same time huh?

6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thank you!!! The profile is awesome, great job. :)

7. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Excellent!!! Thanks ISI

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Absolutely brilliant work, I think this could be my new best friend.. Cars look and feel great and the FPS are also great.

As the roll centre adjustment is now under the setup menu rather than adjustments menu, are the configurations the same as 2010? It is hard to know for sure what the anti-squat and anti-lift values are.

In the future will the drivers finger ever move to engage DRS on the wheel?

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

MSR Formula Renault 2014 test server in Loch Drummond is up. Feel free to test.

10. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Thank you is I
    They sure are fun and they look great.

Ruben

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Just had a quick test with it at Silverstone. Liked it very much. Lots of fun with this little bugger :D

Will have sth more to say once I do some proper running in it. But first impressions are very positive.

12. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Nice! Thanks ISI once again! :)

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

To me the DRS graphic looks to be the wrong way around. On the default the rear flap looks open with a lower profile.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Wish I could comment but the new FR3.5 doesn't show up in my spinner. It shows up as installed in my files and in Mod Manager. Same with ISI Mores track. Both aren't accessible to select. What have I done incorrectly? Any guesses or suggestions? Thanks.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks ISI!! :D

I haven't given it a really good go yet but I will say I love the display screen on the steering wheel, looks great!!

16. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Everything about this car just feels 'right' to me. I don't have any experience whatsoever with anything like this in real life, only the previous version in rF2, but the responses I'm getting through the wheel tell me exactly what's happening with the car. I can feel losing and catching grip in the front and rear, all the little bumps in the road are coming through, and the response between my input and the on-screen result seems so much more fluid than any other car in the sim so far.

Maybe it's a placebo, new-car-smell effect, or maybe it has something to do with new FFB code they implemented starting with the Karts, but whatever it is I like it. I like the feel and control I have over the car (that I may or may not have experienced before). I'm even more excited now for the DW12 than I've ever been, if this is any indication of what's to be expected. Thanks for yet another wonderful piece of art ISI, you guys sure are the kings of sim racing!

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

DRS on this car works differently to F1. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but my understanding is that the air that travels through that gap creates a low pressure area on the underside of the wing creating downforce and when closed this effect is stalled and even though you then have overall higher pressure on top of the wing the overall downforce and drag generated at the rear wing is significantly less. Just like a diffuser, the less rake you have with the rear wing will lessen your ability to create a high level of low pressure on the underside and this is why with the low downforce package the benefit from closing the flap is negated.

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Drag Reduction System
    The car features a drag reduction system (DRS) system, which in contrast to F1, closes the slot gap to stall the wing. The system is only really effective on the HDF (High DownForce) package. On the MDF, there is minimal effect and on LDF, DRS produces no effect. Be aware that it significantly shifts the downforce balance forward, so you must choose wisely when to operate the system, only after your tires have plenty of grip and the car is mostly in a straight line. It takes a few tenths for the flow to fully reattach to the rear wing, meaning that downforce comes back progressively. Utilizing DRS is essential as the top speed gains can be quite substantial.

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Lol H......you beat me on that :cool:

20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Sorry guys, I just read the profile notes. Cheers for the teaching & very well written Tim!

Should these cars have the Michelin stickers on the tyres?