Visual update Notification of new content. ASAP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, May 21, 2014.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I know someone that bought into rf2 just last week, and one of his questions was if there was anywhere in the UI to view and download the available ISI content. The implication was made that it should be since it is 2014. :( I don't think his first impressions were very good, sadly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  2. coops

coops Banned

frame rates dwn to 30fps this build last build 90 plus.. not sure if its my card or sim but restored nvidia adjusted settings no diff between full or low not sure whats going on. turned everything dwn and back up no diff in fps stays at 30 have not got anything sync that i no of and have not set fps either.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, you do seem super trigger happy here

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

:confused:
    coops your freaking me out man.....your last post was about triple screens and surround sound....tim responded with a question about that post....and now you have another new question that seems unrelated ..:confused: is this why we dont see you online much? be nice to have you in a league:rolleyes:

more on topic....+1 to having an in game auto update feature for content, id prefer to go right to the sim rather than all those other sites like fb etc,, when i get home from work....;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  5. Armando

Armando Registered

I guess he could be referring to these improvements that we were told about in the last Q&A:
    I know I'm looking forward to that for quite a bit of time. :eek:

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Throwing a random idea out there, I'm sure ISI thought of that at some point.

I see that almost every other company out there sends emails to people every time they have something new out, either new build or new content. At least Simbin, Simraceway and iRacing do that.
    It is an additional marketing effort, but it doesn't necessarily need to be a huge hassle (read lots of effort to design html email with graphic) just a text-only notification about new content with links for where to find it would be nice.
    Same could be for new builds. There's plenty of 3rd parties that offer email marketing services.

Note that *I* don't need this, but I understand people might like to stay on top of it through an email notification.
    OTOH, maybe if I had that, I wouldn't be following this forum as often as I do?

In general, I quite like how ISI does everything. It's definitely not a mainstream company, and I'm definitely happy with that.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

On topic: As said we already have a communication between Launcher and ISI server when checking the license at launch. It's "just" about having a flag saying something new happened, and the sentence can be very generic as a start "Something new is coming, check forums/web site"...

OT/ and yes, if I have to choose between having balanced surround sounds and a launcher notification, then, yeah I'll choose the surround management ;)

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I remember (not 100% sure) long time ago (around a year or longer) an info box in the launcher was active and we discused the same topic in those days.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I guess. However, when you switch to single res over three screens, nVidia at least has build in bezel correction... It's pretty darn easy. Is that the only issue specific to triples?

10. Armando

Armando Registered

Yes, AMD has bezel correction too in that case.
    But when you use it, you lose part of the UI "behind" the bezels. Thus the need to do the bezel correction in-game.

That is the only real issue I have with triples. The other improvements would be nice, but not so important.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

be sure to select a bezel corrected resolution in rfactor 2, otherwise things will not line up

this is of course assuming you've done a decent job in the nvidia 3 screen setup bezel / add new resolutions etc setup options

....also check out the "add special resolutions" in the same options (nvidia control panel 3 screen setup) you can remove all of the non bezel corrected & add other equivalent bezel corrected although these ones will have incorrect aspect to that of your monitors that could play havoc with your field of view settings

13. 88mphTim

I now have access to enter a message in the launcher text, you can see it now when you start rF2. Hoping for a more useful way to do this later on, but that wasn't too hard once they took the time. :)

14. 88mphTim

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Great Tim ! thanks for taking the time to study this :) So I knew you are a developer, of some kind ;) Thanks for the update :)

16. 88mphTim

So it's a UI issue, not triple screens?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This popped up in my Launcher, never seen News like that before, makes you wonder why it took so long :p glad it's there though:

Welcome Marc.

Enjoy rFactor2!

5/20 - New Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec available!

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thumbs up!

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Nice work, good suggestion msportdan.