Driver swap+Custom skin=Vehicle moved to garage

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cubbi, May 19, 2014.

1. cubbi

cubbi Registered

When you do a driver swap and use custom skins (same skin or different one, file name doesn't seem to matter), the vehicle will be teleported to the garage once the new driver gains control.

In a practise session the new driver can then continue driving, in a race it would probably result in a DNF (not tested)

Build 660

2. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

In addition to this, during the race session driver swaps occasionally fail for no known reason (the original driver retains control of the car), and in some instances the AI decides to take control of the car if the driver swap is unsuccessful.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Are you referring to rF1 or rF2? I have not had a single failed swap in rF2. I also haven't heard of anyone in our league having a field swap. Your description reminds me of the sort of stuff that happened in rF1 for some teams.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I haven't seen this bug before. We have skin xfers disabled on our server and all skins are included in our mod. I will setup a test server and see if I can duplicate this myself. Sounds like a nasty bug.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I've the same issue.
    We used a alt... .dds skin (alternative skin). Same skin on the same car number.
    But a driver-swap didn't work. I was in the garage with the original car skin.:( Unable to continue the race.

Using a alt.dds skin is easy and it doesn't need any mod updates if more drivers join.

My thoughts: ISI should make the "virtual-driver" work for multi-player! So skin-packs could be separately updated.
    And if drivers don't care about the custom skins and just want to race. They can do so with the default skins.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, so your bug is also related to skin xfers. Thanks for the conformation.

7. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

This is a problem that occurred only last week in rF2, during a race session. And, in fact, this is the second time I have encountered the issue in the game (the other one was during a practice session, about 6 months or so ago).

8. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Driver that downstars from car may set P (passenger)before ESC, instead rF 2 get control next pit stop with AI.

9. Tarquin

Tarquin Registered

10. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Yep, we have an enduro in just under 2 weeks and custom skins are causing failures at the driver swaps.

11. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Tarquin and Doc are correct. Many people where having this issue on our test night. My team mate had the same issue until I emailed him our .ALT skin. No problems for him after that.

12. Maxcat

Maxcat Registered

We did a bunch of testing tonight..

If drivers joined the server in a default skin, they could swap drivers without issue. :)

If drivers joined with a custom skin, when they attempted a swap, the incoming driver would end up in the garage. :-(

The important discovery is that during a race all swaps worked flawlessly. :)

If you have all other drivers with a green square next to their name (skin downloaded) you will see those skins during the race. If you have grey squares for some drivers you will see that car in a default skin for the race.