Two basic questions.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SPASKIS, May 12, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

A guy in our community has made two questions about car modding in our forum. Since he does not express himself very well in English I have offered myself to put the questions into this bigger forum.

1) Graphical offset. In the hdv of the rtrainer it is said not to affect physics. He assures that this is not true and that it affects a lot being one of the key parameters.

2) Undertray points. He says that rF2 typically uses 10 undertray points while in other platforms as NKPRO up to 49 points are used. He days this affects a lot FFB.

I hope someone could clarify if my mate is right or wrong in his assumptions. Thanks in advance.

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. dandar

dandar Registered

Graphical offset is used when your PM file (your suspension solution) does not perfectly match with the 3d model, hence the use of the offset is required for minor visual adjustments, IF this parameter is ignored then the wheels will be located per PM and TBC/TGM definition.
    I've used this field in the build 90 and 120 without notice changes in physics, later on I've adjusted my related files to match the 3d model so I don't use the offset anymore.
    However I can't confirm or deny that the Graphical offset will affect physics in latest builds, but it should not.

Undertray points, I've seen up to 12 used by official ISI cars, from 00 to 11, however this param seems to be like an array so I don't know the top limit, it could be a matter to add more and try.

FFB will be affected for sure by everything that can make contact with the road and other collisionable objects in the track.