[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Thank you Gerald.

2. Would it be possible to add:
    - Cycle Top5 in each class
    - Cycle Top10 in each class

And perhaps focus on drivers on track. Using it in practice right now, and drivers in the pit gets as much coverage as the ones on track.

3. I noticed that it all of a sudden goes to class leaders when there is some drivers that leaves the server and someone that joins

4. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Ricardo F. Edelmann Registered

i just saw the update! ;) Great work Gerald! I will definetly use it on saturdays 6 hrs of Sebring race;) but i have a question ;) atm the plugin gets data about position etc from rfactor 2. but as we are racing in a training session the whole data is incorrect. do you think there's a chance that plugin uses data from a live timing software that's running on another server? it would be sooo perfect :D if that doesn't work we will not be able to use the plugin fully until ISI repairs the rejoin feature :D

Cheers
    Rico

5. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Ok, i will look to it.

It is possible to implement it, but for performance purpose, it will need an update to the live timing software you use, indeed here the two possibilities:
    - TV plugin contact live timing to have the current ranking (via database query for example) -> risk to lower rF2 server performance
    - Ranking system send UDP message to TV plugin with ranking information -> limit the impact on rF2 server performance but need to define an interface between the two products.

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

What's wrong with the rejoin feature ? It had issues, but that's several builds ago, from what I know...

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The only leftover bug in rejoin that I know of is tire wear isn't restored. Same goes for driver swaps. You always get new tires. At least damage is restored on swaps and rejoins now.

8. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Ricardo F. Edelmann Registered

We figured out some problems with it.. like resets to garage or beeing a temp car after a swap. also if you rejoin you will be a temp car sometimes.... and if you race in the night for example thats not good.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Okay, that's new to me, if it's happening on B798 or B860 still...

10. Gerald Jacobson

11. Gerald Jacobson

Per class if you choose this mode.

12. Worked great.
    2 things, can you do it so there can be focus on overtaking cars or close battles?
    The incident list is impossible to scroll in - when a new incident is happening it will simply scroll to the top - where the old incidents are. Perhaps move it the other way around, so new are at the top?

13. Gerald Jacobson

The scroll top each time an event arrive had been fixed in a previous version. You still have that in the lastest version?

An auto cam for overtaking or battle; when to switch to another battle?

14. Yep, updated to last version.
    When they are closer than 4 seconds? or if its closing in. idk how you can make the "thoughts" behind this.
    But it could be 4 seconds for quite some laps with the level of our drivers.

15. Gerald Jacobson

But if the is several pack, how to avoid switching continuously from one pack to the other each time the pack with the lowest gap change.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha. It's a much more complex task the more you think about it. I spent a bunch of time trying to think of a good way to handle this and finally settled for simply listing the gaps between cars within the same class. It didn't take into account their standings, just the physical track position. It created a list of car pairs and sorted then by gap. The commentators could then click on a pair of cars and it would seek the car that was in the back of the pair. It wasn't automatic but at least it made it a simple task to find a battle. Because it only looked at track position it would pair up a car that is about to lap someone.

17. Another request.
    In the tower, could we get the "last laptime"?

18. Gerald Jacobson

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Pit count per entry and not per driver would be VERY nice also :)