[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I also have a perhaps crazy idea, but if the API can monitor the "chat" which it seems that LiveRacers is doing, it wpuld be really cool for the race director to be able to activate safety procedures and warnings such as "CODE-100" or "Slow Zones" by typing codes in the chat for which the plugin 'listens' for from approved user names.

If drivers then used a suitable/minimal profile they would also get this shown without having to read the chat which is often confusing.

Could be useful for other things too... I know you can do it :D

Thanks for your great plugins and support!

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

For this kind of thing, independently if it is possible to monitor chat, it will requires a least a new tool (plugin in the dedicated server to receive command of race director).
    I think if a race director tool is needed, a new project must be launch, and prior to that, collect directors needs.

Please, Race Directors, if you think it can be really usefull, tell it, and i will open a new thread to collect all your needs.

3. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Thank you :)

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes it's true that any chat that begins with a "/" will be filtered from the client side resultsstream. So this would need to be a server side tool. What I did for our league in rF1 was develop a timing plugin that ran on the server which generated XML and it also listened for a bunch of custom server commands. Like /yellowS1+ and /yellowS1- or /Code100+ and /Code100-. This let the server admin force local yellows and turn on and off code 100s. The server plugin would then set these flags in the XML timing. The broadcast machine would use the servers XML timing which included the extra flag info. I also found that the client side timing was VERY inaccurate due to the way rF1 throttled bandwidth. I haven't noticed this as much in rF2. In addition to /code100+ the admin also sent a chat message to drivers like "CODE 100 ACTIVE IN 10SECS". This message will make it to the client side so I wrote a client side plugin to monitor for that message and it would display a big flag overlay and also activate a tone so I didn't have to take my eyes off the track to read every chat message to see if it was a code 100.

5. Gerald Jacobson

Plugin v2.0.0 available
    - No functional change, but now you have the GRTvPlugin.dll for 32 bits (like previously) and the GRTvPlugin_x64.dll for the future rF2 64bit

So as soon as a future rF2 build contains the 64bits support, you will already have the TV Plugin for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

only one word:
    perfect

7. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi Gerald,

Just want to again say thanks, we ran a 4 hour endurance race Sunday and the TV Plugin ran perfect without fault. (Albeit using a older version).

Can't wait to finish our UI's that's been in development now.

Thanks again

8. Gerald Jacobson

Happy to hear that.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

9. cubbi

cubbi Registered

Do you think implementing a fake DOF would be possible?

Something like an (transparent) image that is blurry on the outside and is overlayed on the rendered rF2 image but below the UI elements/widgets of the plugin?

10. Gerald Jacobson

Sorry what do you mean by DOF

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

DOF = Depth Of Field

12. Gerald Jacobson

I can create a background widget that will be painted first and allow you to simply define an image

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Would it be possible to get the team name, driver name, place and car number in the ticker so we can make something similar to what WEC does?

Here is an example from a WEC race:
    Image 7.jpg

14. Gerald Jacobson

By ticker, you mean Scrolling Banner ? If yes, i will add the two actual missing information (Team and Car number section)

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry, yeah, the scrolling banner. :)

16. Gerald Jacobson

Plugin 2.0.1 and Console 2.0.1.0 Available
    - Add a UIBackground Widget : it is simply an image that is rendered before any other widget (displayed also in when replaying a noticeable event)
    - Add the Car number & Team name in the scrolling Banner Widget
    - Now the plugin is automatically displayed in Monitor (only in full screen : When you hit the enter key from the fullscreen monitor view to hide the telemetry and transport controls.)

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Nice update. Thanks alot!

18. cubbi

cubbi Registered

You are awesome :D Thank you very much!

19. V.A.

V.A. Registered

Perfect Job. Thanks.

20. fluffert

fluffert Registered

Just a quick question and I apologise if this is a feature that is already available - I've only just installed the plug-in and used the default UI so far, so not had time to check in depth. Is it possible to display the Fuel on board for the AI drivers? I know this was taken out of rF1 and remains out of rF2 with the standard ISI UI, but I wondered if this was information that is available to the pulg-in.