What is happening with the servers list?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by fujitsu1, May 11, 2014.

1. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Hi.
    In the last 3 days, we are having problems with the servers list. It shows only Isis servers, refresh and maybe some about parsing, refresh and many servers but not mine, and again, again and again.
    Other times, when womeone find our server, with strange characters, it downloads and install the vmod when it has it installed yet. I have 11 vmod that are the same, …… , ……(1), ……(2), ……(3), etc.
    And everything exactly as last week. No changes at all.
    Someone can give us some ligth?
    Thanks.

2. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

3. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I notice you have a filter button so you must be on an older build which is probably why you are experiencing problems that no one else is.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Are you using an old build, looks like something pre B494, but saying that you're getting the ISI servers at the top which suggests B494 or newer. Perhaps try with the default UI rather than your modded one and see if that helps. I too get the blank servers in the list directly below the ISI ones but it doesn't stop all the other servers from being shown.

6. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

No way. Im with build 660. And the people of my comunity are having the same issue. I was trying to solve it thinking that it was a problem of mine but las sunday, when we had our f1 race, we couldnt make it becase of this. We were 5 at that moment and of all us did.
    It started, this issue, i think about friday or before.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

So how do you still have the old filter button?

8. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

No idea.
    View attachment 12730
    And this is a clean installation. I dont use the update option, to try not to have any problem.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  9. JGraf

JGraf Registered

1) the filter buttons in your screenshots do indicate your install is messed up.
    a fresh install = no copy over files, rebuild both core and data as new.
    2) many special characters are no longer allowed in server name, it will cause the matchmaker list to appear empty to the host, like your screenshots show.
    3) the unidentified servers you see are ISI test servers, they do not affect the list from populating.

10. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

1)That is how i do my fresh intalls. I install rf2 in a new folder and clicked every squares in the install process, data and core too.
    2) How can we know the characters that are not allowed?

My problem is something strange or Isi are making changes in the matchmaker, because sometimes i have this issue and sometimes not. For example, last night we werent able to see any server more than the ones in the screenshot but now i can see the full list, without making any change in my pc.
    How can you explain me that? Am i the only one that has this problem?
    Ill try what you can tell me.
    Thanks.
    PD: im just downloading the install 660 file to try anothe fresh install, not going to be that the file that I have is bad for any reason. I allways use the lite version.

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

12. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

in fact, all my paswords, names, vmod names, ... are between 33-126 characters types. So, thats not the problem for sure.
    And its intermitent as some of the people that write there says.
    My vmod F1RSL2014_MONACO and no password for it, and log in name and password are right too.

13. JGraf

JGraf Registered

troubleshooting is a process of elimination.
    your game showing those filter buttons, is clearly wrong, fix it, then proceed from there to resolve any other issues.
    if you reinstall and still see the filter button, your install method may need re-evaluated.
    i'm only trying to assist.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just find it odd that you have a different UI and a problem that no one else is having.

Do this, do a fresh install of 660 and leave the default paths alone other then adding ".660" to the end. So for example:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2.660
    And:
    C:\Users\noelh\Documents\rFactor2.660

When it prompts to make shortcuts, check the box to tell it not to. When it prompts to make a desktop shortcut, uncheck that box too.

When the setup is done, browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2.660" and then run the launcher and then click the MP button. Don't bother installing content, copying settings or anything like that. If you follow those steps exactly then I 100% guarantee you will not have that old UI anymore and most likely will not have the messed up MM. If this works, then at least you know something is messed up in your other install.

15. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Thats true. We use a different ui for our mod. Could this be the problem? The ui we use is necesary for us to view the 8th gear in the settings screen. And maybe this is the reason because i have a different place for the refresh button.
    Thanks and ill try to solve the ui problem.
    Ill tell you what i see.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay... that makes more sense. I don't think the UI would be the problem but it should be easy to try. I do see one odd server in my MM right now where it has some empty values. But the list isn't truncated like yours.

17. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered