SOLVED G25 stuck at 180°

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by HumanZob, May 11, 2014.

1. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Hi !

Today i just plug my G25 racing wheel to my pc in order to play but when the calibration was done (everything is fine here) I tried to turn the wheel as always and i feel that the lock-to-lock is at 180°, instead of 900° as set in the profiler. Whatever the angle lock is set in the profiler, the wheel only turn for 180°. Even in game, the steering angle is set to 560° but when i turn my wheel on this 180° range, ingame the wheel turn on the 560° range so it is unplayable !

It seems like the profiler can't modify the angle, a game is not able to modify it (the case is checked in the profiler) ... I've already tried to uninstal/reinstal the driver properly, unplug/plug the alimentation cable, modify ingame settings but nothing to do ... Always 180° angle !!!

What can I do ? My wheel is going to die soon or what ?

If somebody could help with this issue, it will made my day !

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Maybe try uninstalling the logitech software and plugging the wheel into another port(front usb?) and allowing windows to set it up with plug and play and see if it calibrates correctly? I had this problem too but I can't remember exactly how I solved it.

Also do you have any other logitech drivers installed? I've encountered loads of problems over the years with their software, they seem to conflict with each other a lot. Did you change/install anything at all before this problem occurred? It spontaneously occurred for me, couldn't figure out why it happened but the solution definitely involved removing logitech software and using other usb ports, sorry I can't remember if there was anything else to it.

3. dandar

dandar Registered

In your profiler go to global device settings, and unckeck allow game to adjust settings. In this case your angle will only be defined by the profiler and not by rf.

If your wheel still does 180 then contact logitech support.

4. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Hi !

Thanks guy, after a night of thinking, I tried to recalibrzte the wheel with Windows. It take me a while to find out how to do but like this:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
    Right-click on G25 Racing Wheel and choose "Game Controller Settings".
    Select Logitech G27 Racing Wheel in the "Game Controllers" properties box and click on "Properties".
    Check if the wheel is responding under the Test tab. After that, click on click on "Calibrate".
    Follow the calibration utility instructions.
    Finish the calibration utility. Check if the wheel correctly behaves in terms of calibration

Then, I plug off the wheel and plugin again and everything works fine now ! Just Windows did something wrong, but can't figure out why, and calibrate the wheel to 180° angle. Well anyway, my wheel is alive :)

Thanks guys !