GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Good job, noel. Very good tool. Only one question about this comment:

Can it also work with a ftp server?

Thanks

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No. The game only supports http and https.

3. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

Appears as though the server may be down at the moment...

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 173.8.60.243:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GetModMgr
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.22
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.22
        CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/rFactor2/Server1/GetModMgr.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Web
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34237 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Web.Extensions
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34237
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

4. doberk

doberk Registered

Thank you for your reply. I am testing the tool, but it doesn´t work in my server. I followed your video-tutorial step by step, even I used the same BES_1.0 mod, but race button is greyed out. If I install the mod in muy computer I can connect perfectly. But, If I don´t have the mod installed auto-download doesn´t work.

I have uploaded all the components to dropbox. When testing from http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/listmods.php all of them work good, and also from GetModMgr using "test URL" button. I thought the problem could be in the name of the mod, perhaps because it had blank spaces, but creating the vmod again without spaces didn´t solve the problem.

I don´t know if I have any bad configuration in the multiplayer.ini. It is set as follow:

Code:
        "Enable Autodownloads":true,
        "Enable Autodownloads#":"Whether to allow clients to autodownload files that they are missing.",
        "HTTP Server Document Root":"Packages",
        "HTTP Server Document Root#":"Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path",
        "HTTP Server Max File Size":500,
        "HTTP Server Max File Size#":"Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide",
        "HTTP Server Send Rate":4294967295,
        "HTTP Server Send Rate#":"EXPERIMENTAL Data rate (kilo bits per second) at which internal HTTP Server will delivery content",

In the link below you can see a screen capture for the configuration of my server. Maybe you can give me any idea about where is the problem. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 20554

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  5. doberk

doberk Registered

Thank you for your reply. I am testing the tool, but it doesn´t work in my server. I followed your video-tutorial step by step, even I used the same BES_1.0 mod, but race button is greyed out. If I install the mod in my computer I can connect perfectly. But, If I don´t have the mod installed auto-download doesn´t work.

I have uploaded all the components to dropbox. When testing from http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/listmods.php all of them work good, and also from GetModMgr using "test URL" button. I thought the problem could be in the name of the mod, perhaps because it had blank spaces, but creating the vmod again without spaces didn´t solve the problem.

I don´t know if I have any bad configuration in the multiplayer.ini. It is set as follow:

Code:
        "Enable Autodownloads":true,
        "Enable Autodownloads#":"Whether to allow clients to autodownload files that they are missing.",
        "HTTP Server Document Root":"Packages",
        "HTTP Server Document Root#":"Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path",
        "HTTP Server Max File Size":500,
        "HTTP Server Max File Size#":"Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide",
        "HTTP Server Send Rate":4294967295,
        "HTTP Server Send Rate#":"EXPERIMENTAL Data rate (kilo bits per second) at which internal HTTP Server will delivery content",

You can see a screen capture of my server configuration in the link below. Vmod only includes BES components (sounds included) and Silverstone circuit. Maybe you can give me any idea about where is the problem. Thanks in advance.

http://i64.tinypic.com/fusylg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Maybe I am wrong but, if the JOIN button is greyed out, that doesn't have anything to do with Noel's GetMod manager. It more a port question OR a bad rfmod.
    Try this.
    Use a rfmod with just an ISI car and ISI track. (all ISI content should work with GETMOD without Noel's tool. If the button is still greyed out that means you have other problem than the get component (this tool is for get missing component and not getmod)

if that still failed I would start be checking this 2 things:
    - Your rfmod is really in the PACKAGE folder of the server right ? (It MUST be into that folder even if the modmanager point to a different folder)
    - did you forward the HTTP port ?

Thanks, hope that help

7. doberk

doberk Registered

I have checked it using ISI_Nissan_370z and ISI_Silverston_2012. It works fine, I can join the server and it begins to download immediately. Then I have registered both components using Noel´s tool and generated a new vmod. I have deleted the vmod in my client and tried again to connect, and again it worked fine. But I have checked the download counts and they don´t increase. No matter how many times I download the mod, download counts don´t change. So I asume my client is downloading the components for the vmod from my server, not from Dropbox.

If I understood the behavior of this tool, the components may be downloaded from Dropbox in order not to use bandwidth server. Am I right?

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

exactly

The vMod will always be download form the server because it is like 1 MB. however, the Component (Track, cars...) are download from and external link (Like a web browser) to save bandwidth from the server...
    It is useful to register a custom component (like if you modify a car for a league use, if you create a mod/car/tracks or if a modder did not use it.

Hope that help

9. doberk

doberk Registered

Well, but in my case it doesn't work. Vmod is downloaded without errors, but downloads counter in noel's website doesn't increase. So the components are been downloaded from the server and not from the external link. I will repeat all steps, anything is wrong in my configuration...

10. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Try something

REMOVE the component package (the car and/or the track from your server package directory

just put the vMod there.

11. doberk

doberk Registered

I have already do it. There is only the vmod file in the server package directory.

I already know why the first mod I tested didn't work: The vmod was more than 1000 mb size. With less heavy mods auto-download works perfectly. But only download from the server, not from external link :(

12. AceLain

AceLain Registered

1000MB for a vMod ?

It is too large to be a vMod... vMod suppose to be really light (few KB). If you include the component INSIDE your rfmod that would be normal to not download into the missing component (and Noel's tool)

EDIT: I am pretty sure you are provided a MOD (Full rfmod including all the component) instead of a vMod (rfmod that is almost empty that POINT to already install component).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
  13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah make sure you turn off all those check boxes when building the rfmod so it doesn't embed the components into the rfmod. With newer builds the rfmod should be under 100kb assuming you don't have anything embedded in it.

PeteG likes this.
  14. doberk

doberk Registered

Lol, you were right. I was including the components inside de rfmod. Now it works fine. Thank you both for your help :)

15. ohhdeebee

ohhdeebee Registered

Since yesterday i get error when starting the getmod manager. "no connection to remoteserver available". can anyone confirm that, or is it just a problem of my pc?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  16. doberk

doberk Registered

the same error for me too.

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Something is wrong indeed :S I get that message too...

18. TPG

TPG Registered

Noel lives in Jax, Florida, they got hit pretty hard by the hurricane, it's possible that may have something to do with it. Hope all is well Noel.

19. doberk

doberk Registered

Oh, best wishes for him and his family. I hope they be well.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Oh right okay, makes sense that that could compromise things. All the best!