Triple Screen+ MultiView - Stable 60 FPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paullv, May 1, 2014.

1. paullv

paullv Registered

Hi all, I would like to share my experience about Triple Screen + MultiView setup.

My Hardware:
    I5 3550 (stock clock)
    Asus GTX 780 (stock clock)
    16GB DDR3 1600
    3 x Dell 2412m - Display Resolution: 6060x1200

Option 1

In-Game Settings:
    View attachment 12579
    View attachment 12580

Nvidia Control Panel:
    Antialiasing -Mode: Override any application setting
    Antialiasing-Setting: 2x
    Antialiasing-Transparency: 2x supersample

The above settings could offer a good balance between performance and image quality. The game could be locked to 60 FPS (any track, any car, online or offline).

• In the PLR File, set Texture Sharpening="0"
    • You can turn on/off FXAA according to personal preference.
    • It is important to set Enviroment Reflection to High and, at the same time, turn off Shadows. Shadow is the biggest FPS killer. I am also not fully satisfied with the shadow effect.

Silverstone, RMT Megane Trophy 1.11:
    View attachment 12581

For some tracks like Croft and Silverstone, you can keep the above settings while set the Shadows to Max. With ISI cars, 5-6 AI, the FPS won't drop below 60!:eek:
    However, even with Shadows set to low, you won't be able to lock the FPS to 60 on other tracks, for example Lime Rock Park, Monte Carlo and Portugal. The FPS will become unstable and could drop to the 30s :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. paullv

paullv Registered

Oprion 2

If you don't like option 1, please make the following changes to the above settings:

1 turn off FXAA in the RF2 menu.

2 In Nvidia Control Panel:
    Antialiasing-Setting = 4x or 8x
    Antialiasing-Transparency = off
    Texture filtering quality: High Quality

3 In-Game Settings:
    Circuit Details = High or Full
    Opponent Details = Full

The above settings will also give you stable 60 FPS on any track. You can even try Antialiasing-Setting = 8x
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also try to set the shadows effect to Max and still get stable 60+ FPS in some scenarios (eg. time: 11:30 am, 4 AI, Skip Barber, Lime Rock Park)

However, if you set the time to 17:30, which means there will be a lot of shadows on the track, then the FPS would drop to the 30s!

With triple screen + multiview on, if you set Shadows to Max, it will be impossible to lock the FPS to 60 in some scenarios, even with AA set to None. If you set shadows to high and use 4aa, you can lock the fps to 60. However you will see shadows pop out in front of you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Good post, thanks. I'm going to try these settings when I get home.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Try it without HDR you will get double the fps with multiview (even with everything else maxed out), that seems to be the problem with multiview currently. I personally can't cope with 60fps it doesn't flow, I want double that.

5. paullv

paullv Registered

Thanks Murtaya. Just tried HDR off and Shadows Max. The FPS would drop to the 30s on Lime Rock Park when passing by trees and shadows.

HDR is the last thing I would give up. It makes RF2 superior than other titles.

I am now running:
    Antialiasing-Setting = 8x
    Antialiasing-Transparency = off
    Texture filtering quality: High Quality
    Circuit Details = Full
    Opponent Details = Full
    Enviroment Relection = High
    Shadows=Off
    HDR=On
    FXAA=OFF

= Stable 60 FPS on Lime Rock Park

View attachment 12586