Horrible performance with GTX 760 SLI + i5 3570K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lakershater, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Lakershater

Lakershater Registered

I've googled, searched, binged, what have you and cannot find a solid answer as to why I have such poor performance with the new rFactor 2 demo using the system I have. Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.4 ghz with two GTX 760s in SLI. I only manage approx 30-50 FPS depending on how low I put the graphic settings. By comparison, Assetto Corsa, Dirt 3, F1 2013, pretty much any other game I run 100+ FPS maxed out at 1080p on a Asus 144hz monitor. Does this game not support SLI? Does this game hate Nvidia cards? I'm not impressed at all with the graphics to begin with, and the low frame rate is killing my enthusiasm at buying this game. If someone would be so kind as to give me some advice or point me to a thread on a resolution.

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

3. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

What settings are you using in nVidia control panel or nvidia inspector? Have you tried disabling SLI?

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Default and older suggested SLI profiles didn't work for me (was getting much lower fps than with a single card). Then I tested profile for Crysis 1 and it gets me about 50-70% increase vs one card. I select it in nV Inspector. Give it a try.

5. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I had 2x 760's in SLI on triples and had rubbish performance, so upgraded to a 780ti, now I have awesome performance. I found that I got a marginal increase in performance running a single card, non sli.

6. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

7. RGerke

RGerke Registered

Sorry Guys...what ist that for help? There ist a good NV SLI Bit.. for good SLI Performance, use it!
    And without AA ???? Not seriouss, or? Without AA rF2 looks like a VGA Smartphone game from
    2003. ;)

But Attantions....the newest Nvidia Driver have a lot Problems...-30% Performance, by me.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Guys, rFactor2 has good GPU loads (+95%) with Nvidia SLI but game don`t support SLI and when HDR, shadows, reflection etc. are used it simply kills our FPS, some SLI users has as low as 14 fps. Nvidia profile is from 2011-09-22.

There is nothing wrong with Nvidia drivers it is rFactor2. This is SLI bits (0x02430000) I am using, it is to ARF2.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hi there, Lakershater; welcome to the forums. I'm a long time user of rFactor 2 with SLI'd GTX 780 Tis (3 total over that time) and if you're playing in NVidia 3D Vision (RF2 is a "true" 3D, MVidia 3D Vision title, the game's raw and less "shiney" style of graphics is a match made in heaven with 3D) then RF2 has literally almost 100% perfect SLI GPU scaling. It's some of the best SLI results I've ever seen.

I'm guessing you're not running 3D since it's relatively rare (and massively, undeservingly, under-used, especially for simracing). With regards to 2D SLI in rF2, there seems to be am issue with reflections. Can you try with both reflection settings set to their lowest setting? It is either "off" or "low", I can't remember, but think it's "off". There are two reflection settings, I believe "environment" or "car", and "track"? Not sure, but you'll see them and know what I'm talking about :).

Try that. Then, if you want a general boost of framerates while hardly affecting image quality, please take a couple minutes to read the following thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=324424

Let us know what you think, there are a ton of helpful guys around here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think he is better running single GTX780, he only has 1920 right ?

I run everything highest settings bar shadows and 4xs/ 8x no HDR

I would say my average over all tracks would be 90 fps ( 60-160fps )

He has 4.4Ghz/780 vs 3.9Ghz/670 surely he can run HDR and higher AA/AF and highest reflections and lose nothing to me.

EDIT

Doh strike all that sorry you have GTX760s not 780's ..........sorry my bad.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You need not be jealous as bad as Nvidia SLI works I am sure that you can buy second hand 780 cheap here in ISI forums.

12. RGerke

RGerke Registered

0x02F06005

5760 x 1080 All Settings of High and 4 x MS + 4 x SGSSAA, runs ever smooth
    with 60 Frames (VSYNC on) Without SGSSAA ... no way by me, look horrible for me!

Extreme Lines and Shadow Flickering ... that not the kind i want drive a Simulation in 2015,
    compare pCars, and Assetto!

13. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Crossfire has the same issues. Its nothing wrong with your system. The sim lacks support for multi-GPU configurations. I see nvidia 3D works though for some reason.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think the two GPUs run in parallel mode during Nvidia 3D Vision, this may have something to do with the fantastic and just about perfect SLI scaling (even in triple screen mode, with Multiview and HDR enabled, and both reflection settings set to "Full") that rFactor 2 achieves during NVidia 3D Vision.