Tired of the micro stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dradecki, Apr 29, 2014.

1. dradecki

dradecki Registered

A reinstall seems to make it better, but I'll need to test it quite a bit more.

2. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Unfortunately it didn't help, and changing the Max frames also didn't help. Bummer. After about 4 laps running the karts at Quebec seems to be all I can do before the skipping begins.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Due to symptoms you described: the fact micro stuttering happen after a certain time, and with a nearly constant rate (once per second) I will personally focus on what happen to the computer after a while. I'm not saying this is not rF2 fault, but for sure I'll focus more on other processes and hardware as my first steps of investigations.

If I had this problem, I'll set rF2 to play in window mode with the most lower resolution (800x600?) and will open my task manager (Windows default or enhanced ones, don't have names on top of my head right now) in another window aside, using also tools to monitor CPU and GPU on screen, will create a race with AIs driving all cars, will sort processes by CPU usage, and will check if some process goes sometimes on the top line. Those process going top, so at an higher priority than rF2, will have to be investigated. It could be just a normal behavior (due to the Task Manager low refresh rate, you can raise it but it still low)) or it could show the process which are intensive on your CPU with such rate (you talked about once per seconds) You could have to maximize graphics settings and set a huge amount of AIs cars to compensate between windowed low resolution and usual fullscreen, to create the more or less same amount of CPU used for the tests.

If you have any doubt, I will download program like GameBooster to stop all unneeded process. I tested those kind of programs and don't really advice people to use them, but in your case, it could help you to determinate the process which annoy you.

If rF2 was the problem, eating CPU intensively at a fixed framerate, I'm pretty sure all users (or nearly all users) will have the same problems..

At least, this is what I'll try if I had the same problems... I know it sound obvious an basics, just trying to help.

4. mbezik

mbezik Registered

Ive tried everything that has been suggested in every thread about the micro stuttering and what ive discovered is that it is a random occurrence on my system, i can boot up the machine run rf2 and see stuttering, i can then shut down the game change nothing and re-fire it up without rebooting and the stuttering could be gone...might be still there, seems no rhyme or reason to it. ive tried various reformats, on ssd, on standard hdd, with the OS on ssd and the game on standard hdd and vice versa, none of these setups made any difference. Ive tried with my usual clocked i7, unclocked and under clocked. ive tried old drivers, current drivers and beta drivers...always get the total RANDOM stuttering on some launches. i can run it on my much slower AMD machine and get no stutters, my friend can run it on one of my old machines he uses with my old gfx card with no stutters...
    all tests were done on clean installs with NOTHING installed but windows updates, gfx drivers, with and without wheel drivers and rfactor 2 with no plugins and only 1 car and 1 track both ISI content.
    ive come to the conclusion that for me at least and i suspect many others who suffer these micro stutters (IN THIS GAME ONLY!) that ive just gotta keep firing up the game untill i get a stutter free launch...

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

If you are on a i7 CPU it maybe worth a try to disable hyper threading (BIOS option).

6. mbezik

mbezik Registered

Im thinking i tried that (ive tried so much at this point), ill give it a go today and see if there's any improvement.

...on a side note, how do i get my rfactor 2 validated under my profile name, ive checked in my profile and i cant see validation anywhere?

7. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

8. mbezik

mbezik Registered

9. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I tried the disabling of hyper-threading, again no luck. :(

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Disabling of hyper-threading reduced for me the stutter to very less (I7 Core).

11. mbezik

mbezik Registered

...well, i disabled the hyper threading (i don't think id disabled that before) machine shut down on launching into windows, but on a refire worked ok, fired up rfactor and noticed an IMMEDIATE increase in in-game performance, tracks load faster and certain spots in tracks that seemed to have some weerd performance lags no longer had those. 3 more successful stutter free launches followed trying various car/track combos...then the next launch the stuttering was back, only now it had a slightly different "flavour", it didn't seem quite as rhythmical as before and also didn't seem as severe, next launch it was still there but then the launch after it was once again gone...so seems its done something but hasn't completely fixed my issue, but im liking the performance increase when i get a stutter free launch.