AMD 14.4 Amazing driver thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, Apr 29, 2014.

1. AdrianF1

AdrianF1 Registered

HD 7770 and nothing of improvement :(

2. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

Tried this, now rFactor2 doesn't start up anymore. Loads up the splash screen then crashes. Will have to revert back to the unmodded drivers.

3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  4. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Sorry 'bout that... Did same to me after a 2nd reboot and I've had to go back to unmodded also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

To be honest, for mobility, best improvement is to get used to flipping mirrors on and off whilst racing as and when you need them rather than having them permanently on... 75fps without mirrors, 45fps with mirrors. Could do with ability to turn mirrors on whilst holding a button, mirrors off when button released, rather than button press cycling thru mirror modes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Unfortunately I also confirms
    Crash with black screen
    Damage 30-50FPS more were fine.
    Revenue in 13.12

7. Max

Max Registered

Hey guys, haven't checked in, in a while. Wanted to comment on my findings.. I bought a 290x ($499usd), and I laughed for a while at how great the sim runs now, pushed to the limit. There are no more settings to max out, with crazy AA from the CC too. At Silverstone, I as gettting 50-60 frames with my old card with setting on high, no reflection, high shadows, and no blur.

This card at those settings were pushing 180 or more frames. I turned up everything, and added 8eq aa, and am getting 80-100 frames in a race, with 30 or more ai, as well.. CRAZY really. This card, this card here that I have, get this card if you like Radeons. Get a 280x ($299usd) also, that card tears this game up a friend tells me, pretty much the same settings. Word of warning though, lol. Make sure you have a full size tower if you get the windforce, it's 12 (11.25inch 285mm) inches long! I had to get a full tower to make the room, lol. Runs fantastic now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  8. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

A friend gave me an EAH5850 1G some months back.
    I was getting decent frames but only with shadows killed (I think I had 13.9 driver).

I installed x32 new build, but didnt see much improvement at fps, I was getting 2(!!) at Monaco with max shadows.
    Then yesterday i decided to try 14.4, I seldom try new drivers before a year passes, most of the times I get problems than (small anyway) improvements.

Well, my fps shot from 2 to 60 !!!
    I run now Monaco Full shadows (one click down from max) on 80 fps.
    It feels like I bought a new game :)

Btw at X64 I dont see much difference.