Remove 2d Crowds from the track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paullv, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

My my.... people have just got to find a reason to find fault :)

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you want nice crowds I would drive pCARS.

rFactor2 spend more time driving less fraps.

AS for option for crowds ?
    A track maker can't do 2 versions or are crowds built in ?

One normal version with 2D crowds
    One for track-day with relatively little crowd would be a nice ambiance too.

Then you would not have to duplicate groups of people everywhere.

I got no problem d/l 2 version of anything, already d/l more versions then that for some tracks. :)

3. TMoney

TMoney Registered

At least the track marshals should be updated. They remind me of cartoons or lego people and kind of ruin the immersion when you start getting into things just to notice some funny boxhead waving a flag. Please make them better!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I know immersion is great, but... do people actually forget they're playing a game? Yeah, the marshalls don't look great, some crowds don't look great, but if it's snapping you back to reality I think you need to get out more.

There are many things more important than this.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The beauty of a modding platform, you can make them better yourself! What are you waiting for?

6. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Not necessary, I think you need a joint. I tweaked rF2 to look better and more realistic with SweetFX settings and Inspector. I removed the overall cartoonish look and sharpened it up for added realism. Some things in the game take away from that, perhaps ruining an otherwise near photo-realistic screenshot. rF2 is one of my favorite sims because it really gives you the excitement of being in the cockpit but lego man doesn't help and in my opinion isn't at the level of quality of other things.

I wish I knew how I would've done it a long time ago believe me. :)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Depends what you're looking to get from it I suppose. I don't notice any of the dodgy stuff unless I'm watching a replay, and I don't even watch replays to see how pretty they are or take screenshots. When driving I hardly notice anything, always get surprised by how nice things look when I load a replay because all I see when driving is the road ;)

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Might as well close these forums then and ISI to stop developing. there's always more important things then what we are currently doing, whatever it is.

You don't see the issue because you don't take screenshots or watch replays. so that means there is no issue....nice :p

Its not the biggest of issues indeed, but it still is silly. they put allot of hard work in getting rf2 as realistic as possible, RR, tires, physics of course, but also the graphics. the whole package is what drives it forward into the future.

Its the same with the shiny helmets, its so ugly its really off putting. and try to create an event-poster each week having to avoid all of that in screenshots and photoshop, i'm using my shoop-skills to iron out the silliness each week :)

As for being snapped out of reality, why do we even do this all? isn't that the point? or do you constantly remind yourself when racing, or watching movies, or when sleeping, that its not reality?

We always want more. Moar!

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am learning.... frustrating, but fun :)

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was actually just talking about rF2. No worldview philosophy here. :).

No, I said it's not an issue for me, but it depends what you're looking for. So pretty much the opposite of that.

TMoney mentioned it ruining the immersion seeing an ugly marshall. He's either getting too immersed ("OK, three laps to go, see if I can-- Whoaa that marshall has got a weird head... oh NOOOOO it's a game! I'm playing a game! Ah crap, now I've fallen off...") or can't live in the game/moment well enough to accept or ignore the occasional unrealistic factor. When my wife fires up the hairdryer in the next room it breaks my concentration a little, but it doesn't stop me racing nor shock me out of some sort of alternate reality. Might be a plane going over, a car going past, or some on-screen HUD that isn't realistic. Doesn't seem that big a deal... it's a game.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oi, stop it. It's 3am here and you are making me laugh way too hard XD

12. TMoney

TMoney Registered

HAHAHA thanks for that one. I can't stop laughing.

On a more serious note I think you're taking this a little far! LOL

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you want them removed at least make it an option. I did a 45 minute race at Monaco this morning and that place would look really weird without the crowd IMO.

14. TMoney

TMoney Registered

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Marshall and crowd are 2 different stuffs IMO. If I have the choice (as display option), I'll keep Marshall (obvisously, they are needed) and will remove 2D crowd. Even at Monaco, I'm too shy to drive with all those (flat) people always watching and judging me whatever camera angle I'm in ;)

16. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

I did a search for removing crowds and this was most recent thread. Is there an option to remove crowds in the game tracks at this time?
    thanks!

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think you would need to edit the track files and repackage. It could be just a "simple" task of removing the crowd instance entries from the *.scn file. Or it might take need the author to do it from the 3dsmax stage.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I was even wondering, how someone can drive fast (Cockpitview!) and take notice on the crowds...I can`t.

19. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

You certainly notice in screenshots and replays. I know I know - no real RF2 hardcore driver cares about graphics, screenshots etc - but somehow despite of that the most popular thread in all of these forums is the "unedited screenshots" thread.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I allways try to keep crowds off from my screenshots :D