pCARS got an official trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just download it in Steam, I'm a Junior and got it yesterday, not sure about the Full Release but it's there now to use.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I know... I did that, I'm a junior :) But from what I read (which changed from the initial alpha) Junior members do not get the full game when it's released.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Junior members were never going to get the full game, they were going, and still are, to get a discount of the value of the junior. What changed was the junior members weren't getting access to all of the cars and physics the rest of the members were. That's why I got my money back. :)

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I knew there was always a restriction on how many cars and tracks we had, but I was sure at least junior members got the game, even if it was a digital download (at the time they weren't on Steam).

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Unless you were a full member you were never getting the full game, just a discount equivalent to the amount you contributed.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So should this game be in Steam atm because I don't see it there?

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am just so damn bitter that I was too late buying into the early access. I only got my sim PC and wheel/pedals last summer and by then it was too late.
    I really want to try it!! :)

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It won't be there. It closed donations a while ago and became invisible to people that didn't donate. But donators can play what is still the beta I guess.

9. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Didn't play it much when I first got it , just didn't drive to good , but it's been getting better as more work is done on the physics . Having fun with it now . Defiantly need to take some time to set up the FF in the F1 menu , feels a lot better once you get it set up right .

10. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Nice CGI video, but when you actually play its nothing special. The cars look amazing but the tracks look way to cartoony and cheap.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrCBx4fP7E

Overall nothing comes close to iracings new tracks.. most photo realistic to date

And lets not get started on the ffb :)

11. Domi

Domi Registered

I agree. It's the classic example of game that looks very nice in screenshots, but in motion is not that good. I'd always chose iRacing photorealism and natural lighting over pCars superdetailed cars and all those gfx filters.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I went back to using my real iracing account (was using other accounts before when promos and such would come out) so I'm back to the basic free content + the few cars and tracks that I bought around 2008 or 2009 when I played it heavily.

Too bad their system is so screwed up and so overly expensive that I'm "stuck" using just the base "old" content.

I can understand if you had to pay money to play BUT all content came free, OR the other way around; free to play BUT you have to pay for the content....but to have to pay a fee to play AND you still have to buy the cars and tracks on top of that?...I'm sorry but that's simply absurd.

Paying for one or the other and I can say "fine" I'll deal with it, but to have to pay for both is a joke. Not to mention the prices; $12 for 1 car when you already have payed for the base fee? Most entire video-games only cost a 1 time purchase fee of $40-$80.

Not to mention out of the 8 or so cars I have only 1 is being run online (the spec racer Ford), so much for their "grand" online system.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure why the anti-iRacing rant there, but isn't what you've described exactly how it always was? How come you sound surprised by it now?

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Magzire's post reminded me of how dated all my iRacing tracks look, they don't hold a candle to even rFactor 2's, they look like something from 2005 besides the pretty (but "fake" ) clouds, and the "physical graphics" like track surface and such which are great due to laser scanning, yet I hear people talking about how good the iRacing track graphics are. I don't care much, as long as the physical graphics are good (eg. track surface and detail, car physics-to-graphics connection, etc. which I think iracing is probably the best in anyways) but his comment just reminded me of how dated my particular tracks look.

I thought that after 5 years they would have slowly added more cars to their "free content since you already payed us money for a subscription" list, and i could therefore experience what these people are talking about, but nope. Well other than 1 single car, the Cadillac.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  15. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Fact - all free cars are run on line .
    And how exactly is it "so screwed up"?
    Yes the old tracks do look a bit dated now but the newer tracks look great better than Pcars .
    And talking of Pcars ( as this tread was about ) one thing a do like is how with a low sun it can get difficult to see the track , just as it should be .

16. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Those of you who think pCARS looks good in screens but not so good in motion you're incorrect. Either the uploaded videos are losing quality (likely) or you're playing with too low visual settings.

I can confirm when driving around Silverstone from cockpit or bonnet cam whatever, the curbs and track, and all other textures look beautiful. Especially when the sun hits them right it looks amazing! So get this "screenshot mode" out of your head. :p

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

+1, I don't understand when people say iracing looks better. Of course it could be the thousand bucks they have paid for it. I'm one of those who have dropped a thousand bucks over there btw. :p

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It does look good alright...when it works, unfortunatley I'm getting a lot of Freezes and I cant be arsed to sort it out right now!

19. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

This one is definitely on my radar. It seems they've struck a nice balance of cars/tracks without focusing entirely on one or two manufacturers, or one region, or just one type of racing (seems they have both road and oval here.) I saw some US tracks in there that rF2 desperately needs! Is there an official final list of cars and tracks that will be included? I couldn't find one on their website, be nice to see the full list.

The graphics look pretty decent from the in-car views (just based on videos I've seen, mind you), but it certainly doesn't stand out as impressively as the replay shots do. That's something other sims do as well, and it doesn't excite me too much to have gorgeous replays...I just want gorgeous driving! Hopefully it holds up across both areas.

I don't really mind if the physics are perfectly accurate or not. It would be great to have a good competitor to rF2/iRacing, but I'd be just as happy with a really good simcade for PC like Forza or Gran Turismo. The PC is lacking in this department, save for a couple titles that aren't up to par at all, in my opinion. Either way, unless some really damaging information comes out between now and release, this is one is going on my Steam account for sure.

20. willz

willz Registered

pcars does look good, although the ai is the worst i`ve ever come across, dont know why they left one of the hardest things to get right till the end, but for me its unplayable against the ai, they`ve concentrated on looks and content and why not thats what sells a game, its no use listening to people who have invested heavily in the game cos we know what they will say, but i have been in the beta now for over two years and for me there seems to be something wrong with the basic game engine, just my opinion, we are all different