pCARS got an official trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Anyone falling for the hype is a fool :)

Even when ISI talk 'unprecedented physics' or whatever they claimed in the past I was like, yeah whatever dude, just get on with it :p
    I guess that comes with age, life is all about bitter disappointment and we better tone down our expectations to a level that is bearable.

Which sounds more depressing then funny now I read it back. I think I forgot my pills today :)

Nice video though!

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow and your edit make that reply even worse. Wow, that's really just... Wow. Turn down the aggression a bit, would you?

I read what you have posted. I understand what you have posted, believe it or not.
    Out of all the people who for years have expressed the exact opposite regarding the physics, it doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
    You are still one of the few I, note I have seen who have expressed that opinion. Kay?

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Yeah...sorry...that was a tad aggressive...my bad... Anyway, handling was very ropey, but has improved immensely over the last few months.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It sounds very, very interesting that there has been so big improvements lately. It gives me quite a bit of hope, that this will be a kick ass sim, right up there with the best.
    Oh I hope, I hope. :)

5. Tony

Tony Registered

I've had it since soon after it started & the handling was ropey then, but the last few months they've been going over the physics engine & the cars individually (with race-drivers consulting) ..& it shows

It's like all things - too much expectation has its pitfalls, & too little can lead to nice surprises :rolleyes:

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and in the meantime AC gets multiplayer next week, again it's GOOD to be a PC racing enthusiast :)

7. shim2

shim2 Registered

To be fair Kunos updates Assetto Corsa every two weeks and there has been huge leaps in FFB, AI, physics ect in only a few weeks. Plus it's not even finished so I think it's a bit too early to write it off completely.

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

My feelings exactly.
    I own everything except the later CM stuff...from the original Microprose GP2 to current.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh dear very first thing you say don't start a dick comparsaion and what do you do. ?

Rather then just let the video speak you have to .............

Oh seriously you asking people to bite.

Ok where am I ? is this rF2 or what do you go to pCASRS and put rF2 video and swoon all of it ? Really you do that ...........

pCARS is a nice looking and to "play with and look at " like a model car collection .

But compared to rF2 as a driving sim dead serious why would you waste your time if your goal is the best driving experience. ?

I just do not get it. ?

10. Balles

Balles Registered

I have RF2, AC and pCars from the beginning of the 3 of these and they run at full graphics and AA. I have to say that in game, graphics are the best on pCars. A little bit too shiny for my taste but the best, imo.
    For the handling, I agree pCars slowly improves and some cars are good for few hours but when you reach the limit and play with the setup, you know it's not good enough (yet, I hope).

My feelings for now are : I can play AC for an hour and I'm bored, I can play pCars for 2-3 hours but I have to test different cars and tracks before being bored, I can drive (not play, DRIVE !) RF2 for hours and I stop only because of my arms hurt and my body is shaked in my motion rig... and after 15 minutes and a cigarette I want to race again.

Like many I hope the 3 will be good sim but for now AC and pCars are too young to reach RF2 level when you actually want to drive cars.

Still I want badly all physics will be quickly implemented in RF2 for the tires (temperature on the ground, in the air, pressure...) and the graphics are very good enough to drive without being bored. pCars have a very good content of high quality and it is a good point for them for the future. Maybe not enough quality content in RF2 for now, but it's growing.

PS : ISI, where are the LMPs for a full grid on the 24h du Mans on June ? Pleease (pCars have some LMP) ! My favorite week end since 36 years :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

F***... Yeah!! That is awesome. :cool:
    rF2 does this to me too.. Big time.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I somewhat agree. I don't get bored of the other ones as fast as the times u've stated, but generally speaking, yes, I agree with the point that you're trying to make and experience something along the same lines.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just a reminder (nobody in particular) to be nice to other devs. Whether you do or don't like their product is OK, but they are people. :) If they're not making a product to suit you, maybe they didn't mean to. If they do, great, have fun. :) That's what it's all about.

14. TMoney

TMoney Registered

I own rF2, AC, and pCARS and I like them all each in their own respect. At the moment enjoy rF2 and pCARS the most.

AC just doesn't excite me a lot for some reason. Everyone praises the physics and FFB which may be good, but not ground breaking. The visuals are quite good along with the fidelity and replays. It just comes off a bit flat and unexciting to me. Maybe its the audio, maybe it's something else. I try new builds from time to time and curious to see how it develops when it matures some more.

rF2 I feel is the most hardcore of the bunch and has ground breaking FFB. You just feel very connected but at the same time needs to be taken seriously to master. What I love most is doing offline stints with AI. This week I just conquered the ISI C6R at Silverstone GT, 10 lapper, no assists, 100% AI. Even though I didn't "win" anything or unlock anything in the game, it was SO rewarding to myself to get the pole! Very challenging to me and looking forward to stepping it up! ( <---my game :))

pCARS I also enjoy thoroughly. There is a lot of content even now and all of it is extremely high quality. I am eager to see all the new additions and tweaks being made on a daily basis. There is always something new, and always something to be excited about. Whether it's a track overhaul with beautiful new textures, new real world replay cameras for a given track, tieing in the tire scrub audio to the STM tire model, new car or track, new particle effects, new car audio set, GT tire physics overhaul, whatever you name it! Those of you undecided about the physics I won't get into it too far but I will say this...They are working VERY hard on the tire models and FFB and working from real world data and real race driver feedback. There are many changes and many tires being worked on and they are making great progress. Sure 2 years ago everyone might agree the handling felt strange and unnatural. From time to time things would move backwards but I can assure you they will not disappoint. Today it's up and running against other top sims of next gen. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion I can tell you that pCARS will surely be a hit. As the release date gets nearer, the hype is getting bigger. If there's anything to learn from this, let it be don't judge pCARS by what people once said (past tense) but rather what it's becoming. Based off of developer comments and feedback, I can assure you they take this project very seriously and will not mislead anyone to believe it's something it's not. If SMS say something they mean it. They say it's the ultimate driver journey and I have little doubts.

Lucky for us, we get to enjoy whichever and whenever we please. For me they all have a spot in my heart drive. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I stated before and I'll state it again, we're lucky in 2014 and can be picky with our racing sims - unlike any other sim genre. I think rF2 has a great potential to fill in the GPL and perhaps NR2003 gap (hopefully including Group C prototypes!) with approximate real life names and carshapes/liveries, and live on for many years, besides offering current content too.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I just wonder how good pc you have to have to achieve those graphics...

This sim is also coming for consoles so how will that effect for being a true sim...

17. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

It has to be way better than any pc that can run rf2 that's for sure

I can almost max out rf2 and get 60fps at 1080. Pcars meanwhile has I be turned down almost to basic level 1990s style to get even 30-40

It absolutely kills my machine and i agree it's console release makes it seem like gt/forza style of 'game'. If it looked that good in my pc I would have it just to gawp at but it doesn't run well and I have to make it look awful to have it run badly, so it's just not an option!

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Fixed it for you ;), pretty much my thoughts, I just don't do Ovals...

19. Tony

Tony Registered

Your machine will run it well & on high settings Tig - mine does - have a look at my pc specs

Re. the console thing - I think a few console owners will be frustrated at how hard it is without any aids, so they'll be turning the aids on. As others have already said: they're concentrating on the physics & its getting better & better

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

For the limited time I had in pCars recently, looks like they have simplified people's choice of what experience they want by comparing to other games. So it looks like there will be things in there for everyone no matter what platform they play it on. Considering this is one of the first racing games to go to this many platforms for a while, it will be interesting to see what the response is like.

It sure is pretty to look at, I just don't have a PC to handle it unfortunately and because I am junior member I don't think I even get a copy of the game (since they cheekily changed the rules a while back!)