[REL] Delta Best plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Apr 20, 2014.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks Rik.

I'd rather not add fuel information to the plugin because this is a delta time tool, meant to do one thing and do it well. The Unix way :)

As Freddy suggested, there are other more complete tools if you want to monitor fuel consumption, tyres, etc.

I don't use track map myself but I hear it's very useful.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's a good philosophy I think. :)

TrackMap can be fully customized, for instance to only show info on fuel consumption, if that's what's needed. The plugin can also easily be turned on and off. No need to have the entire screen filled with apps. :)

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Understood. Thanks for reply.

4. Rik

Rik Registered

1 or 2 or 3 or more installed plugins they do not change the performance of RF2?

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I haven't seen any difference in FPS with at least DeltaBest, DashmeterPro, Motec and TrackIR installed.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm running Motec, TrackMap, Delta Best and pedal overlay and haven't noticed any hits on performance.

7. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think running plugins isn't a problem of performance but stability in most cases. I don't have that much experience with plugins in rf2 but in rf1 you should use a minimum of plugins, especially in endurance races with driverswaps

8. Rik

Rik Registered

exact. just that it was my doubt

9. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I ran five 6 hour races and one 12 hour races plus a few 2 hour races in the last 6 month using the deltabest, Trackmap, Siminstruments Dash, MoTec and pedal overlay plugin wihout any issue whatsover. Maybe there are some buggy plugins out there, but the mentioned ones never let me down. The only time I had ever an issue in a driver swap was at the end of 2013 and there I was running absolutely no plugins.

10. Rik

Rik Registered

:) thanks Freddy

Edit: Sorry and thanks to all for your support :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  11. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

No problem. I was hesitant with plugins in the past as well. So I know where you are coming from. Especially the first versions of trackmap didnt really work for me and I didnt use it for ages, but the mentioned ones are fine and proivde all I need :)

12. Matt A

Matt A Registered

This is a great mod btw, thanks for making this. Is there one of these for Assetto Corsa?

I want to make a delta mod so came here to lok a few weeks back and found this, so i thought id make one for AC instead :)

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

There is one for AC. It's called Delta Bar, similar to ones from iRacing and work good.

14. Fullchaos

Fullchaos Registered

Hi Cosimo, firstly, thanx for the plugin, it is a great one, really helps to improve! Unfortunatelly I have an issue with it and cannot figure out what the problem could be. I have read all the thread and didn't find any solution...

After the 3rd lap DeltaBest starts to work properly, shows the differences, red, green, plus, minus, everything looks fine. Then after another 1-2 laps sometimes it begins to show completely confusing delta values, for example +47:01, then -23:32 etc. flashing the numbers "randomly"...

Have anone experinced something like this?

15. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Was this some recent beta version of Zandvoort?
    I remember seeing this problem with that track.

16. Fullchaos

Fullchaos Registered

Nope, it happens on different maps. For example ISI_Malaysia_2007.rfcmp just now. But this is a good suggestion, maybe it depends on tracks. I'm going to investigate it on this thread. :)

I have tried now RaceRFactor Suzuka, also doing it - the first Delta timing lap is OK, then it goes crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Then it's definitely something strange I have never seen myself or being reported.

I've tried v16 with build 946 and had no problems with it.

What CPU are you using? How many AI? Offline?

18. Fullchaos

Fullchaos Registered

This was the case with the previous build also... Probably this is with a mod or something - so I have tried and change the HUD, same result. This happens offline and online also, doesn't seem to depend on it.

I have made a video on Sao Paolo, have a look: this happened after the second lap, there was no good delta timing now. You can see that if I stop, even by the roadside, the number is correct. Then when I start, the craziness starts...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bmuy60fe0nni9ro/AACp6lvvOlQG82COifFf0zKCa

This is i5 4690K 3.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, AMD R9 290x, no overclocking at all.

Is there any rF2 log that I can send you to help with?

19. cosimo

cosimo Registered

That is interesting. It would be useful to watch what happened during the best lap as well, the one that is used as reference.
    Questions:

• Any chance you can record the whole 3-4 laps session?
    • Is that always happening or just sometimes?
    • Did you check your CPU occupancy? I think default is CTRL+X, two purple and green bars will appear. What is the purple bar status? Is it full or not?
    • Are you using custom HUD? I'm referring to the timers and position UI elements I see near the top of the screen.

If you want to help, you can install the CSV Telemetry plugin, drive a couple of laps and watch the values of mLapDist.
    That is the distance in meters that your car has traveled since the start of the current lap. That is what Delta Best is using to calculate the delta time.
    That variable should be increasing linearly, unless you are driving off road left or right, in which case, using the Delta Best plugin will prove very ineffective :)

20. Fullchaos

Fullchaos Registered

Thanx Cosimo for your effort. :)

This is a 4-5 laps race's telemetry log in Malaysia, zipped:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mscckkkil3waqix/20150406_115500.zip?dl=0
    I have noticed, that there is a certain point where Delta timing goues wrong - till then the figures are good. Then it goes craqzy, but when I finish that lap, Delta is OK again to that certain point...

I have also recorded the laps in rF2, how may I share it with you, should I send the Vcr file?