QUADS.. will there be bikes??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jason lancett, Apr 20, 2014.

1. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

is there any chance people will be able to make mods of motorbikes... i just had a go with the quads.. and there great

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That is a lot harder to answer than it used to be. But the answer still isn't yes yet. Various things in the last few vehicles have made it very possible.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

best concentrate on cars, or even better -tracks

;)

4. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

cheers tim for the answer..

5. 88mphTim

Yeah, we would, but the strength in the rF brand would be in being able to support what people want to build for themselves and for others (that most of the time, we can't put the required time into).

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

[​IMG]

I think I just went weak at the knees!!! :D

7. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

i love cars and bikes.. so to have bikes in rf2 would be awsome

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I see, I guess dirt physics would be a great addition ( or the ability to for rf2 to be used in this way ),
    rf2 could easily then be a base for a fantastic rally series

nothing much that good since along these lines since Richard burns rally, I'm sure rf2 could be as good/better than that with the right mod team behind it
    RBR still has a strong following due to no other quality option IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

You can't enjoy the bikes as you can the cars. How would you drive them, with wheel and pedals? What would FFB feel like.. Keyboard is a no fun, I guess only fun with bikes would be with gamepad, but that would be it, just some fun, no real thing, no real feel.

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

It's the problem with bike sims. With plane sims you can imitate joystick and pedals and even with FFB joysticks, with cars you have steering wheels... but with bike sims you have nothing, bikes are driven by driver body movements, It's weird to try to simulate in the right way only with steering inputs.

11. TMoney

TMoney Registered

I agree, and why I don't think a bike "sim" really makes sense for PC. Sure there are some very good and fun to play motorcycle/dirtbike games, but these are best enjoyed with a gamepad which kind of takes the sim out of it anyway.

I'm really hoping for dirt physics above all. Would all we need is a dirt tire (developed by ISI?) to open up the seemingly endless possibilities? I would LOVE to see some rF2 quality offroad madness. :)

12. 88mphTim

With Joystick you can still have a lot of feel. IMHO a wheel is just wrong, but it almost feels that way for the Quad.

The fact that a human plays a part, body movement plays a part, is something we also had to overcome with the Kart...

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Can't wait for sprint cars and dune buggies :D

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

Not IMO. You mostly use the handlebars to make the bike "corner", and the handlebars pretty much alone. Look up the "no BS bike" from the California Superbike School. Body weight can be used at slow speeds for gentle slow turns, but get any decent speed up and the effect it has for turning becomes small. Then you are relying on bar inputs.

Body inputs and body position is aimed at moving weight distribution and influencing the way the bike is leaning and responding. Hang weight off the inside, bike will sit more upright for a given speed around a corner. Hang over the other side and the opposite happens, bike leans more for a given speed around a corner.
    And all that jazz up until you are at the point you are putting your weight through the outside footpeg on corner exit to get as much rear grip as possible. That's where things get a bit insane and subtle.

So I wouldn't be too worried about using a wheel with them in a sim. It would at least give you a nice accurate control over the bike cornering, something which gamepads never gave me.
    You'll also never get driver controlled body input anytime soon, so I wouldn't care about influencing the BP, other than lean forward and back, that kind of thing. And then there would be dealing with the quirks of racing motorbikes and the physics...if I was ISI...I'd just stick with 4 wheel (or more) vehicles and do them super brilliantly. Leave bikes until we get body input rigs or something XD

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly. Thats why I was not a fan of simulating intentional body movement in the kart, because it would have to most likely be done in a videogame-ish way like pressing a button or something.

16. humanbooks

humanbooks Registered