rFactor World Cup - SHOUTOUT to ALL simracers.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Edgar Herrero, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

[​IMG]

Facebook page ; https://www.facebook.com/rfactorworldcup

[LINK to the RFWC CAR SURVEY ; http://svy.mk/QqWgXL] (ACTIVE)
    [LINK to the RFWC TRACK & RACE FORMAT SURVEY ; svy.mk/1iqF3K3] (ACTIVE)​

Hello,

The reason why I open this thread is to discuss the possibility of creating a "World Cup" of rFactor (not of simracing, as there are more people spread through different sims and it would be not fair to call it Simracing World Cup). The idea is to create a big championship each year, to check which country is the best in rFactor.

To clear up things, a couple of points;

- There's NOTHING planned at the moment (no cars, no tracks nor dates decided yet), yet a brief idea of the concept.
    - EVERYTHING is going to be VOTED BY the simracers which take part in RFWC.
    - Would be great to get a FREE championship, without any initial cost for the simracers.
    - Also, it would be great to have some prizes (trophies or similar) for the winners of each round (by means of a sponsor).
    - And finally, but not less important, the main idea is TO HAVE FUN with people that have the same hobby as you.

Why is nothing planned? - Well, that's because I think that everybody likes to take part in the organization of something, giving ideas and suggestions to the project. Personally, I think that it's good to see what the people that's going to take part in the championship think, and how can it be better for everybody. Most of the people like GT cars? Ok, lets race GT cars. Most of the people like this track? Ok, lets add this track to the calendar. Good for everybody, isn't it?

Now, how is it going to be?

The initial idea that I have in mind (remember, this idea can change as EVERYBODY takes part in it), is to group the simracers by their country, no matter the size of the team (as it's the first time that this championship is organized, I don't expect much simracers), and race along circuits, one in each country, or randomly voted by the users. Championship would take place in summer.

There are no teams in this championship, just countries. At the end, each country will have a given amount of points, and the one with more points will win, as easy as that. Of course, we will have a drivers champion. You will race with your country, that's the idea.

[CARS] - From the car selected, we're going to make a kind of "general" skin for everybody to work in, with 2 parts.

- Flag - Flag of the country.
    - Custom painting - Do you represent a community and want the logo in your car? Do you want a custom design for you? This is where you can do it!

Design rules will be decided when the car is selected by the users.

Possible cars for the championship;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[TRACKS]
    Tracks of the championship, and the dates, are going to be selected by the simracers.

[POINTS]
    System is going to be decided by the simracers.

[RACE FORMAT]
    Race format will be decided by the simracers.

Do you like this idea? Do you want to take part on it? Reply to this thread, lets discuss it!

Oh, and... SPREAD THE WORD!

[LINK to the RFWC CAR SURVEY ; http://svy.mk/QqWgXL] (ACTIVE)
    [LINK to the RFWC TRACK & RACE FORMAT SURVEY ; svy.mk/1iqF3K3] (ACTIVE)​

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There was this world cup idea already:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19221-Co-organized-championship-(only-to-league-owners)

Your idea is difference because it would take racers from different countries instead of different leagues.

You should start some polls because it's hard to tell what people actually want without a poll.

I'm interested if the race format and race start time suits me.

I would vote for a tintop car (there's plenty of those) and it's hard to choose only few track because there are so many quality tracks in rf2.

If the idea is to get the best drivers from each country then I'm not the one you are looking for :D

-Matt

3. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Oops, haven't seen that thread! Thanks for sharing Matt! :)

Before starting any poll it would be nice to see some people getting interested in the idea, and then start with the polls, eventho I will try to get ready a few of them and share them here :)

LOL! The best ones maybe not, but the most respectful ones on the track yes! :D

4. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Bump. - Car survey added, provisional car list with images added, and some details modified.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I'll represent South Africa :D

6. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

First of all, THANKS A LOT all of you who are interested in this championship and voted in the surveys! :D

The car selection poll has been active (and will remain active till mid-may) this last few days, with good participation, nice to see interest in this championship! :) The championship is only advertised here, remember to tell your friends about the championship so we can get more people in!

====== WEEK 1 UPDATE ======​

Car survey is STILL ACTIVE, and will remain active till mid-may, so more people can vote. Votes between cars are very, very close indeed. It will be interesting to see which car we will use :)
    • New survey is open, TRACK & RACE FORMAT SURVEY IS NOW ACTIVE (Link; svy.mk/1iqF3K3). Now you have to write down on the survey your TOP 5 tracks that you would like to race in the RFWC, and also choose the race format that you would like for the championship. Sign-up form will be available soon!
    • If you want to help a bit with the championship, be welcome! Send me a PM if you're interested!

Talking about the dates... as this will be an international championship, we have to think about the dates and race time, as it has to be good for everybody. Someone in the poll wrote that a perfect day for this would be on sunday, and I have to agree on that, its weekend and most of the people don't work. What do you guys think? Sunday?

Till next week! KEEP ON VOTING!

7. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Bump.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

8. TheWelshLad

TheWelshLad Registered

Hi

I think you need help with organisation of this World Cup, please PM me, I can get some ideas together and hopefully get the staff if i can.

thanks

Ron