Muliplayer rejoin capability in Build 660

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by guod, Apr 20, 2014.

1. guod

guod Registered

Has anyone been able to do a reconnect after getting disconnected in a race with Build 660?

We have tried several times and it is not working at all anymore for us. It did work in previous versions. It was cantankerous, and sometimes required multiple attempts, but now it is not working at all.

TIA for any reports that is is working!

2. dwbradley

dwbradley Registered

Thank goodness our team has not needed the capability in the last two SimHQ Motorsports SCES events. Working rejoin saved our bacon at last year's SCES 24 Hours of Le Mans event. I do not normally sound off about rF2 bugs and issues. It is enough, IMO, to make ISI aware of the issue(s) and they will get to it when and if they can. I make an exception for this since I think it is indeed a big deal. Endurance racing, with driver swap and rejoin capability makes rF2 the clear leader in this area of sim-racing. If rejoin is not working properly (this is still not clear but evidence is mounting that this is so) rF2 falls back into the pack (endurance racing-wise) with a merely adequate solution, at best. I urge ISI to investigate this and prioritize a fix if necessary.

Thanks

Dave Bradley

3. canastos

canastos Registered

No way, it doesn't work
    It's a pitty that features which are working flawlessly, suddenly are disabled for no aparent reason, and even more, without notification :(

My hope is that it's been reworked for some reason, if not, it would be a shame, as this is not the only one "dissapearing" feature

byyyyyyyyye

4. guod

guod Registered

It is broken in Build 660, and it is being worked on.

5. Tom Kelley

Tom Kelley Registered

i think I may have the same issue. I am joining from the same machine as the host server. I can connect at first, but if I leave and try to come right back, It fails to connect. I'm able to have others able to join the server but I need to have them test out rejoining. I have to wait several minutes before attempting to rejoin.