FPS stuck at 30

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hurricaneman, Apr 18, 2014.

1. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

With the new build 660 and vsync I start playing without problems and all of the sudden the fps go down to 30 and stay there. It seems to be a bug with the new build. I have never had this issue before. :(

2. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

Sorry! My specs: i7 3770k @ 4.5 - 16 Gb RAM - GTX 570 - Windows 7, 64.

3. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

check V-Sync in both Nvidia Control Panel/NVidia Inspector are not set to On-Half Refresh rate.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Set "Adaptiv Vsync" isntead of Vsync. It's normal behavior (not rF2 relative) than if fps go under 60fps you fall at 30 fps. With Adaptiv Vsync the Vsync will be disabled if you fall under 60, so you'll be able to have 59, 53, etc. and it will be enabled if fps > 60. It's not a bug of rF2, it's probably because some settings changed from previous build and rF2 is now more demanding for your machine. So try lowering graphic settings (at first look, it's your GPU GTX570 which is slower than your CPU which is good), mainly both reflection settings and AA which are really demanding. My advice to fine tune your settings: remove all vsync and display FPS (CTRL-F). You'll be able to fine tune your graphical settings until you stay mainly above 60 fps, and then, re-enable Adaptiv Vsync. For that choose your own "test scene". For me, it's F3 Eve cockpit view Free Practice at Lime Rock Park sunny day 9am. As soon as the track appear (you're in a pit stop) I wait for the guy to stop moving his arms and gotcha, I read FPS value.

5. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

Thank you very much guys!! Adaptive Vsync did it.