Toyota Corolla 1987 Released :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raúl Cor, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

Hi, this is my new mod, is my favourite car of rFactor 1. I make this conversion. I hope you test the mod and like :)

The car: Toyota Corolla Levin Coupe
    Power: 175 bhp

Pics:

View attachment 12348 View attachment 12349 View attachment 12350

Download Instructions: Download the two files and Install first the sound packet then install the car packet

Links: (41Mb + 16Mb)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f465yzpATXempGT3J4Y3BFWXM/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f465yzpATXZV85cDdHbTY0ekk/edit?usp=sharing

Play Instructions: Select All cars All tracks Mod and search the threes toyotas

Pd: Desactivate the hdr if you have problems glass of the car.
    No steering wheel
    No tacometers
    No hands and driver
    WIP version

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The AE86 mod is one of the best mods for rF1. If it drives similar in rF2 it will be on the top of my list for rF2 also. Thanks for doing this. :)

4. Maug

Maug Registered

Am i the only one getting an access denied message and a button to ask for permission to download to the owner?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

im getting it as well

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This is awesome... looking forward for this WIP to progress.

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

access denied

8. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

now can download, sorry for the access problems

9. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

10. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

So I just got done playing with the mod and its cool to drive a corolla around. :) Obviously its a very early beta but it shows potential. Some things that need work asap in order for me to drive it more are as follows. The brakes are so touchy, I barely touch them and they lock up (sounds need work too). In replays the car's body disappears when close to the camera, and the dash gauges aren't there. I like how it handles though and I think that's its strongest part. If you can fix those things and make the tire physics and FFB a little better, I would play with it more and not care too much about the other obvious issues. Cool mod, thanks for making it and I hope to see more updates to it.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I haven't tried this version yet but if the sounds are anything like the rF1 version then they are some if the most accurate sound I've ever heard from a mod. Just go to YouTube and find some real footage of this car. They sound identical. Yes I know YouTube isn't a perfect reference but I have a friend in real life with an AE86 race car and it sounds the same.

12. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Thank you, but it's terrible

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Many thanks for this new car :)

A problem which prevent me to fully appreciate the car: I'm surrounded by sound of other cars like if all other opoents are few meters of me. I first detect this problem as I was doing Practice in non-private mode. I was the first to drive to exit the pitn then quickly several other cars followed. In few seconds, even if I was out of the pit, all AI driving car sounds was around me even if I was far from them. I set the practice to "private" to see if I was hearing my own car at different revs (like a rotating sound or whatever) and the problem was fix. So the problem come really from other cars, and all cars generate sounds at a high volume like if they are near me (hope I'm clear). I followed your instruction and first installed then one you said, then the other (I don't say which one as I don't remember your instruction, but I followed them 100% sure).

14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It has problem with sound where you can hear other cars even if they are on the other side of the track. Other from that it drives pretty good. :)

15. Twista

Twista Registered

You're thinking of the AE86 N2 mod, not this conversion, which is an 87.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Oh okay. That mod ruled. The AE86 ran from 1983 - 1987 BTW.

17. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

Hi guys, thanks all to test the mod, it have some problems with the sounds and graphics, i am new using rfactor SDK, in one week i made this conversion, i think the physics are okay but the other things need too work, the michelins have problems too because i use the old tbc of the michelins tyres of old build of rfactor of the clio safety car.
    Sorry my bad english