Weather is now possible in V6!

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Noel Hibbard, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just took a look at the new plugin sample and spotted this:
    Code:
    virtual bool WantsWeatherAccess()
    Can't wait to play with this! :)

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha.. cool.. I missed that. :)

4. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Hi Noel, what this will bring? I do not understand the translation, sorry but I'm french

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A plugin is able to set the weather in realtime. Previously your only option was to edit the .wet file for the track you're running, which was less precise and couldn't be changed until the file was reloaded by the game (only happens on track load; restarting the weekend wasn't enough). The options are still fairly limited but it's a more flexible system for sure, and a good approach by ISI because it lets modders set things up as needed.

You could, for example, now have a random weather plugin that does just that - sits in the background producing random weather. How well it does it, and how configurable it is (or wants to be) is up to the plugin author, but now there's the option.

Note: This also means ISI doesn't have to worry about letting us configure (in the .wet file) the weather for all 13 individual sessions from P1 to Race. It also eliminates the 'problem' of warmup weather forecasting race weather. So that's at least one personal wishlist item (for me) that's been bypassed by a better system.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

and that's where our Diamond Gerald comes into play, he's already diving well into it, exciting times for Weather & RF2 :)