Upgrade to Lifetime multiplayer ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORA-Oldie, Apr 17, 2014.

1. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Is it possible to upgrade from one year multiplayer to Lifetime ? if so, is there an option somewhere in the Launcher that I can't see ?

Thanks in advance

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

3. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Thank you Tim for the info and link. Passing it on now to my team mate.

4. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

i now have a notice saying my subscription will expire in june - pretty sure i purchased lifetime licence, muct have been at least 2 yrs ago - what gives?

5. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Same here

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just be aware last time I saw someone say this it turned out they hadn't taken the lifetime option. So just double check what you paid for.

All the early purchasers (non-lifetime) are up for renewal in June. We're within 2 months which I'm guessing is the timeframe it uses to start reminding you.

7. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

cant see where it states which licence it was, but was purchased on 12 jan 2012 - it was 29.99 UK Pounds, which if i recall was the price of lifetime at that time as it was early beta offer - I could be wrong, but diosnt seem right that it would have been anual subscription from way back then

8. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

If you search in your mailbox for ISI

You will probably find it.

I got an email with topic: Purchase Complete

And it said everything. If I not remember correctly, I bought it like same time they offered it to us.

[​IMG]

10th january as you can see.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You would be wise to figure out a simpler upgrade path for people, especially since a big bunch of them is coming soon. Managing the sim and upgrading is problematic enough, but also making the payment/decision to continue support difficult is counter to any business model that makes sense. We need you to stay in business if rF2 is ever to make it to a near-finished state. We'd like you to be successful enough that you could grow your team so it doesn't take 5 years to get there.

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I like the way you did to blur out the part of image, very efficient and handy :)

11. Pits

Pits Registered

A real amount of time was taken with the blur, a drop shadow as well, it made me pause at the time and I would hire that man.

And yes the upgrade should just be "simple as" to do, it involves money.

"I want to pay you money", "sorry I've made it to tricky to do" lol...doesn't seem real in our world this day. A wise man (and there is one in this forum, he told me) would sort this matter very sharp quick asap right now.

12. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Sorry if I am highjacking this tread
    I am getting the payment reminder for June also
    1. To make the yearly payment do I go threw the purchase tap like when I bought RF2 using my credit card ?

2. Lifetime (I want Lifetime) is there any other way to pay for this don't have Paypal and don't want to want have my banking info on another area.
    Is there something better coming our way (Check or Money order or Credit card.

Thanks Ruben

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't remember the exact prices, especially in pounds, but both options were available from the start. There wasn't a startup-discount or anything like that. But 30 pounds does seem more like the lifetime amount, doesn't it?

Hmm... or does it... lol

*Correction... at current rates the annual subscription fee ($43.99) is just over 26 UK pounds. Depending on where the currencies were back in 2012 it looks more likely the annual option.

** Final edit: in case you weren't aware or can't remember, those taking the annual option early on were told they were getting the first year, plus the time it would take to start the 'first year', which seemed likely to be around 6 months. As it turned out the first year didn't start counting until June 2013, so the early annual purchasers actually got nearly 18 months before the year started counting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

15. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Thanks Lazza

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

16. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

thanks Lazza...recollection is a bit fuzzy so you probably right - I do vaguely recall at the very start there was some issue with lifetime that required a work around..the option was greyed out or something. But what you say makes sense