Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

no, unrelated..... Tim once said that he would unsticky all release threads after some time has past. (I believe +/- a month or so)

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Jeremy was mentioning build 682 several times, so something is cooking..

3. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Please...THIS build is working so nicelly on my rig...don't screw it in the next one, pleeeeeease...:p

4. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

It's working great for me too, but you know another build is coming.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Jeremy Miller ‏@jeremymmiller
    11:41 AM - 7 May 2014

Builds to tester this week only. Nothing on tap for public consumption.

Marc ‏@77MarcG May 7

@jeremymmiller good I'm busy this week anyway :)

I hope you have time next week my friend :)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Totally free next week!

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Something is different with this build, cars which previously have not been so promised for me but which I have not driven for some time currently produce gradually a wow effect. Currently tested and found to be impressive after the Skippy are the BT20.

Looks like whether I should test all vehicles again. :)

edit: wow, what ever the reason for the diff is, it's great. The steering is more accurate and natural to me, as the FFB is better as well. I noticed the cars steering angle are all set to max by standard, for whatever reason, it wasn't before, also have the feeling the standard setups are more easy to handle.

edit: f3 eve and spark are even awesome to ride.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  8. Alden Edwards

Alden Edwards Registered

same here can hardly join online at the moment, nothing new with rf2 for me though maybe in another 2 years its stable...

9. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

strange Multi player lobby

I noticed that there is a missing server name and details.
    View attachment 12676
    Is this an issue?

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Another very good vehicle is the Nissan GTR1, nice depth in cockpit, the variety of voluminous engine sound that I like, had a lot of fun with it last night.

Can someone tell me why I can not see any server in the header please ? I'm have chrome in use but IE doesn't show anything as well.

11. TJones

TJones Registered

Nissan GTR is a absolute amazing car, i drove it Friday evening online, had lot's of fun! Default setup is very good, balance is very neutral and pretty fast.

Header with servers are switched off since a few weeks.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes the car is great and thank you for the Info. ;)

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

could be this build or a few builds ago, but would it be possible to return the command line in the controller .ini

to adjust the effect of ffb increase due to downforce ( speed in a downforce car increasing spring effects )

it could be me but it seems to have vanished ( is this the thing that I heard mentioned about the recent ffb change )

I think it's now somehow hard coded and only adjustable using the UI ffb multi (bit this adjusts everything else too)

I'm have everything just nice ffb wise but overly powerful downforce effect ( Indy and formula Renault 3.5 )

be nice if a dev could confirm that I'm correct that adjustment in the .ini is no longer available

thanks

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not a dev but I just compared my Build 660 controller.ini to one from Build 382 and the only difference in the [ Force Feedback ] section is the addition of the Steering torque minimum line.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

thanks for checking that Lazza

but it think one of the lines also changed the increased ffb spring effect under speed whilst using a downforce car
    nothing seems to work now, it was a simple tweek before myself & others were amending it around the time when the f2 came out

I've came to the conclusion it's non adjustable now except turning all the forces down together

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So what line was it?

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

that's the problem I spent few hours testing trying to find it earlier, but the facility to quickly adjust has gone I'm pretty sure

I've tried to balanced things out the best I can by reducing the multi (the UI ffb in rf2 ) to reduce the downforce ffb effect but maintain some ffb at lower speeds, but not with as good results as having the adjustment as I could get everything perfect then simply tweek that line so the downforce increases the forces but only up to a set amount
    -my wheel can get very strong etc

I think it's hard coded now but can't work out why, I think this was the thing that was mentioned by Tim in the ffb update ( was wondering what it was )

18. stonec

stonec Registered

I am not aware there was any such value either. Controller.ini has lots of leftover FFB settings from rF1 that do nothing when you change them. The setting that could help with F2 car is called "Steering torque minimum", add a higher value and you will get more feedback in low speed corners.

19. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Oddly, the prior release to 660 wedged rF2 and wouldn't let me update to 660. I had to DL the lite version and install it over the top in order to get it resolved. I guess that's the end of my run of luck with incremental updates over the last 2 years. ;)

20. Neil Lowe

Neil Lowe Registered

Thank you for the new build - so many new things to try out too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.