AI will ony stay in first gear!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by INTEL48, Apr 15, 2014.

1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I have been learnig to create a vehicle mod for rf2, have been able to do a basic "box" car with all the basics, but for some reason, in DEV mode or single player, Mod seems to work fine, But AI will not get out of first gear and only travel around 90-100kph.....what am I missing, ............

2. bbel

bbel Registered

I did have the same problem. I did use ISI kart to make a shiffter kart. (only 6 gearing). AI always stay in first gear. So in HDV file at "driveline" i wrote the good values for the kart i drive (6 gears) and the AI use this default values and it's ok.
    Know the problem is that if i change track for a longueur on, Ai gearing is short for AI. (i can change minie in setup.)

3. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

checked out HDV, found driveline, I couldnt see anything that kept AI in first gear, I can use all 6 gears, but AI only use first gear

4. cubbi

cubbi Registered

Replace the driveline section with one from an ISI car and see if that works - if that's the case you just need to narrow it down to the line(s) responsible :)

If not it might be something different (didn't have that problem before, so I cannot give more specific tips)

5. Maug

Maug Registered

Copy your driveline section here so we can see what you have there.