Final Tire Model, When??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RNeves, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

oops, I just plain missed that post- a friend told me about it, I thought it was a tweet (but I couldn't find that either)

2. RNeves

RNeves Registered

How are you so sure??
    :confused:

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Trust me. ;)

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I might if I knew who you were/why you are trustworthy ;)

5. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I think Tim said it isn't the C7R on twitter, can't remember.

Makes more sense to bring the DP to rF2 first when we already have the C6R. DP would be great but i'm hoping it's something historic.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's got to be the Chevy engine in the DW12. But the March 86C also had a Chevy engine. We know Indycar content is coming (we can assume they want to release something before the 500 in May) so my guess is the DW12. Since ISI has agreements with Chevy and Honda in some form, I'd love it if we got both DW12 engines!

The "family" picture and some earlier ISI posts also drop hints that they have other GM cars that will come out some day. It could be a Generic historic NASCAR Stock Car (GM has a long history there) or a 1960's Sports Car. How about Donahue's 68 Camaro? How awesome would that be?

7. Justy

Justy Registered

I think Tim posted that the DW12 will indeed have both Chevy and Honda engines. :)

EDIT: Sorry, cant find the thread, to post a link to now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  8. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

One thing that has given me a laugh in this thread is Tim makes an announcement that new tire data is coming. People are jumping up and down saying "HOOORAY" but it seems like people didn't read what Tim wrote before. While the tire data coming will likely bring the sim closer to reality the fact is it seems reality is what people are looking to get AWAY from. I for one want the sim to be exactly what the real deal is no matter how brutal it is.

9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

So, basically you say that in reality, the gt cars race with camber angles of -1.3 on the front and -0.8 on the rear... And that no matter what pressure you have on the tires, you will allways have the middle of the tire warmer than the rest??
    Ok then.... maybe it's reality's physics engine that needs to be updated....

:cool:

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's nothing stopping people developing their own tires. People did that with rF1 mods, a league would make every car have the same physics, etc, nothing to stop a league that wants easier tires, making them. :) In fact, I know of a GT league that has developed a few compounds, some less wearing, some more, just for the variation it brings. :) We'll gradually head towards a place where a racing driver would be at-home though, and see what happens.

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Well if thats what you read from..... you know what, nevermind