Refresh Rate Settings not available.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Thepharcyde, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Hi,
    I play RF2 on a laptop that refreshes at 60hz, however with EVGA I can under/overclock. However whilst the screen refresh is changed in windows the RF2 game launcher and in game GUI only reflects 59 and 60. As such running it at 50 in windows renders massive stuttering whilst capping the FPS to 50 in the PLR file as the game GUI cannot be changed from 59/60 to be 50hz to match.

How can I force RF2 to show 50hz?

2. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Hello,

I'm trying to decipher or work out what you're trying to say or ask, I'll try and help some :)

What monitor do you have? Graphics card? Nvidia? AMD? What resolution are you trying to use?

You may have to change your graphics card 3d settings back to default? Turn OFF game v-sync in launcher.

Also make sure you are not trying to run a resolution your monitor cannot achieve. There is a tick box somewhere in the Windows monitors settings that should be enabled, its called, 'Hide modes this monitor cannot display'

I probably didn't help at all lol :)

Let us know Thepharcyde

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  3. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Do EVGA even make AMD graphics cards? I don't think they do, doh! I used to have a 680i motherboard that was Nvidia, I should of known.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Probably not as he has a laptop :D. EVGA, maybe he talking about 'EVGA Precision software', other then that I can not help with what the OP is asking.

5. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

lol Yup, no help. Monitor, laptop screen, same thing haha !

6. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Maybe referring to the Evga pixel overclocking software that will let you increase the max refresh of "some" monitors.

Even if this is the case the rest just doesn't make sense, so impossible to help without more info,

7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

looks fairly simple guys...

he wants to run rf2 at 50hz
    he has changed windows to 50hz so his laptop is running 50hz (native 60hz)
    he has set 50 fps as maximum in plr

but it doesnt work correctly because rf2 only shows 59/60hz in the config launcher.

can he force rf2 to show 50hz in the config or is there a setting he can change in plr that forces rf2 to 50hz.

thats what i think his question is.......

8. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Yeah that's right :) Team ISI forum investigation group at the ready!!!!

His question was to try and run it at 50hz, but it got confusing after he said it lagged in Windows and in game from PLR forcing. Has rF2 ever lagged out Windows? Maybe after quitting for a few seconds but thats it.....Another confusing part is that his laptops native res is 60hz. 50hz only going to hurt your eyes after a while.

Is he running the FPS meter 'in game' ? Just because the launcher only says 59/60, he might be no where near that FPS to start with. And only getting like 15 fps in the game, hence his lagging. Low end onboard graphics, 1gb 'o' ram, who knows?? :)

I reckon his rF2 graphics settings are turned up way too high and the Laptop can't handle it.

Another possibility? lol :)

9. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

EVGA Pixel Overclocking allows custom Refresh rates. I can overclock the refresh to 115hz default = 60hz for monitor

I've changed to be 100hz with EVGA with a 50fps limit with PLR file 50*2 = 100 = smooth gameplay

However the RF2 options gui did not show 100mhz as an option just 59/60.

Since fixed my issue using CRU that edits the EDID. 100hz is now an option in RF2.

Laptop is quite pokey
    i7-3630qm 2.4ghz turbo = 3.2ghz locked at 3.2 with Throttlestop
    8gb ram
    250gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    GT650m SLI o/c 1100mhz and 2400mem

Setting on max
    thnx

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014