Co-organized championship (only to league owners)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

[​IMG]

Well, following last Denstjiro thread about some leagues struggling to full their grids and to attract new drivers i find myself thinking on what can be done.
    I had an ideia some time ago about a RF2 world championship where each community will make an equal championship (Local series) qualifying the best drivers to the ultimate rounds (World series).

Easy as smiling.....

EXAMPLES BELOW

**** LOCAL SERIES ****

RULES (each community):
    -MOD: ISI Megane
    -TRACKS: Silverstone International, Malasya North, Estoril and Palm Beach.
    -AIDS: League decision
    -CONFIGURATION: 1 round a week, each with 30 minutes.
    -POINTS (1st to 20th): 50, 40, 35, 32, 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

This will be community based and each league are responsible for this part. They can choose wich week day they perform their races.
    Depending on how much communities join, each league will qualify a certain number of drivers to the World Series.

**** WORLD SERIES **** From 18/05 to 08/06

-NUMBER OF DRIVERS: 20 (qualified by leagues)
    -RULES: No aids except AC
    -MOD: ISI Megane
    -TRACKS: Silverstone International, Malasya North, Estoril and Palm Beach.
    -CONFIGURATION: 1 round a week, each with 45 minutes.
    -POINTS (1st to 20th): 50, 40, 35, 32, 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
    [/B]

World Series i can manage easily providing free servers (rf2+TS). No community will have advantage in anything. All league will be advertized in equal proportions on event posters, and all names (servers, etc) will be RF2 World Series with no community conotation. We can use even ISI fóruns to discuss things instead of using any external place.

Everything can be changed after we reach the desired number of at least 8 communities.

So....anyone want to go on something big?

I will update this post with community names wich are interested in taking part of this.
    After we reach 8 communities/leagues ill provide adicional info.

PS- Please use this thread only to join this and not to fill it with 10 pages of diferent opinions like "i like that car instead", "i like that track instead", "this could be like this or that". If you want to join please express your interest. If not please move on. Interested leagues will have a diferent fórum thread to discuss things if this go on.

INTERESTED (6/8) (please provide league name+country+link to website):

- CPSA: www.comunidadepsa.com - PORTUGAL
    - RACERFACTOR: http://racerfactor.com - SPAIN
    - TCSR: http://touringcar-simracing.com/ - INTERNATIONAL
    - GTCRS: www.gtcrs.cz - CZECH REPUBLIC/SLOVAKIA
    - SIMHQ MOTORSPORTS: ??? - USA/INTERNATIONAL
    - TRIPLE P RACING: http://www.triplepracing.com/ - AUSTRALIA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi Valter, in Racerfactor ( http://racerfactor.com - Spanish rF2 League ) we would be interested in the idea as long as we could organize it with more time and make it more compatible with our internal GT championship. We don't have so many drivers or staff to start a second league with such an exigent calendar.
    It would be fine to send the best drivers from our league to a final round representing our league. I understand that the same car should be used for local and international league although small differences to adjust the standard isi car to each league's championship format should be considered. However I think that the tracks used for preliminary local phases should not be necessarily the same.

I think our goal should be to have something to start with after summer. Your proposal is too optimistic (unrealistic) in terms of scheduling but I think something interesting might come out from here...

enviado mediante tapatalk

3. Valter Cardoso

This was only a "scratch" model.
    Everything (as posted) can be changed after we reach the desired number of 8 leagues (or close to it).
    We´ve received some more people on PM asking about it.
    Lets see how it goes.
    Updated post with your name.

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I posted this on another league, and they think the same, you can change (or make another post) asking for league admins, and speak you all one day on TS3 os something, to plan all together a championship like this, but with a long term, dates are too close ...

I love the ''league of leagues'' system :)

5. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm admin of SimRacing.es (ViSo posted this idea). And we have problems with schedule, Co-organized championships should be announced with more time, we have no problems with Sundays as race day (we race Thursdays), but every league has his own championship running and only one month to organize 4 races is not enough time. Main championship is in one month and we can't find days to race 4 races.

You should also complete rules about drivers who can access world series, 20 drivers grid for 8 leagues... does not match, would be better if you let 24 drivers, 3 best of every league.

I really like the idea of multileague events, and there is no problem if you want to use your rules.

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ill pass this to our admins, looks good.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Could you please correct the name of our webpage?
    The correct name is RACERFACTOR.
    RaceFactor also exists biut has nothing to do with us

8. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Yes, sounds interesting but SR4L is an international league...

9. Valter Cardoso

I think people didnt realise what is the main goal of this thread.
    We are trying to bound some leagues to make a big event.
    All what i wrote (days, dates, mod, tracks, hours, rules) was a simple example, not to be a "Anyone interested in ...." thread wich would die soon.

So:

PHASE 1: Getting around 8 leagues
    PHASE 2: Open a space (here on isi forums or anywhere else) to talk about this event and to decide all this issues (mods, rules, tracks, Schedule, etc)

PHASE 3: Announce it world wide

Simple and fun :)

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Ok, you will have a response from simracing.es in one day or two :)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I promised an update and it aint looking good. I reckon that was going to happen seeing as to why I created that thread.

We got a few but i'm not sure its going to be worth while signing up.

12. ladislaFcz

ladislaFcz Registered

Hi, this is interesting idea. Now I'm speak with your drivers about it. We haven't problem to organize local series in May, but no earlier (but how you wrote, this isn't problem). But I need to know what day are you planning to use for world series. We race on thursday, on some weekend we race in SCES 2014, on friday some of our drivers race in eGT1...
    Second thing... will be possible to use alternate drivers? Many of us have family and work. Sometime isn't possible to participate race.
    I think is better to do it for teams (servers-leagues). They will have their cars (2-3) and they can nominate any drivers from their league. Of course the best from their local series who can go.
    But I like this idea, you can count with us.
    GTCRS - www.gtcrs.cz - Czech Republic & Slovakia

13. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

14. Valter Cardoso

1- As said before, all dates, schedules, etc only be decided between the leagues after we end this recruitment phase.
    2- No, no alternate drivers. People should only apply to an event if they are sure they can make it. All dates/schedules will be announced with some time to let people decide if they are in or out.

The leagues wich decide to join are responsible to find the best day/month to this event.
    Theres no point in discuss whatever (dates, rules, Schedule) with people wich we dont know if they are in or out.
    First.....sort how many leagues are in. Then that leagues will talk each other and decide all the stuff.

15. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Hi Valter. Great idea. It's a direction we have been discussing among us at TCSR. I'm all for it as I'm sure our members will be.

oz

16. Valter Cardoso

This means tcsr joins?

17. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Just waiting to catch up with Steve and Craig mate but I would think so. Will verify later today.

18. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  19. ladislaFcz

ladislaFcz Registered

Yesterday I spoke with friends from my server so we want to join also.
    server GTCRS
    www.gtcrs.cz
    Czech Republic & Slovakia

20. guod

guod Registered

SimHQ Motorsports will be glad to host an event.

USA based, but international participants.