Multiplayer seems to be broken for me?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Desmond, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Hey guys,

Bought and installed rFactor2. Bought 1 year MP subscription. The game seems to work just fine, but when I go to multiplayer, I cant seem to click on any servers, despite all of them showing up. It says "no mod not installed" to the side. Nice little double negative there -_-

Anyway, I went to mod manager and took a screenie, because something feels broken in there too. Nothing shows up, and when I click the "info" button, I get a blank box. See the screenie:

View attachment 12239

Here is a screenie of the server list and side message:

View attachment 12240

Any ideas whats going on? Thanks!

2. PMC

PMC Registered

It actually say's,

Series Installed : No .

Mod not found . See , there isn't no double negative :rolleyes:

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

take a screenshot of the actual mod manager. The program that comes up when you press "manage mods" on the rF2 launcher.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Did you actually tried to join though? because the info saying no is just the server browser not having checked you yet. usualy it installs the vmod (and content sometimes) and lets you join.

in the mod manager make sure you ticked Components at the top

5. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Multiplayer has been more or less broken for the last month. Sometimes you Can join sometimes not.

6. Bungle

Bungle Registered

Be sure you have forwarded the following ports in your router setup:
    54297 TCP & UDP
    64297 TCP & UDP

In particular, the last one should help with the getmod service.

7. Desmond

Desmond Registered

I installed the minimalist UI and I was able to download what I was missing for the karting server. Had some good fun in there. I still couldn't join alot of other servers, and no option to download whatever mod/series they were using, but I guess thats no different than how old rFactor was.

BTW, for any of you who dont have it yet, here is the minimalist UI:

http://www.racedepartment.com/minimalist-rfactor-2-ui-hd-released/

An absolute necessity for this game IMO, since the original UI is so primitive and idiotic. That may seem harsh, but are so many negative things to be said about it, and not much positive.

I am not complaining tho! I really like the way this game drives so far. Doesnt necessarily feel super realistic, but it is definitely fun to drive, and that is what matters most to me.

8. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Alright I just found out something else. I noticed in MP, the servers seem to say version 159, but my version says its 156. I go to update, and it says I have the most up to date version. Whats going on here?

9. MJP

MJP Registered

Where exactly does it say your version is 156, because that doesn't sound right?

10. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Bottom right of the screen using minimalist UI. How can I get version 159?

11. MJP

MJP Registered

That's the version of the minimalist UI you're using, nothing to do with the build version of the game.

Check on the update tab in the launcher, assuming you have the latest build it should say Current Build: 590 and in the black window underneath it should say
    Code:
    Checking for updates. Please wait for result.
    The current build is up to date.
    There have been problems with the last 2 builds in that sometimes servers are joinable and sometimes they're not.

12. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Ah that makes sense lol. I guess we'll just wait on a patch. The server I did manage to join was a great time.

13. stjern

stjern Registered

I have had the same problem since this game was realeased. I'm starting to think I've been ripped off, will I ever be able to play online?

I'm 100% sure I have the mod, still it says "mod not found".

Have been playing Rfactor 1 online for ages, what is wrong with this game?:mad:

14. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

What mod exactly and which server? I have been going online with this software since its release with a couple of problems here and there with a few builds. So you haven't been ripped off.

Can you join the ISI servers?

15. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Murtaya, I cant join servers, and I cant download mods, and even in servers where I am POSITIVE I have the required mods (the official ISI Kart servers, for example) I still cant join. I dont think where my screen says "version 1.56"...I dont think its talking about the UI, because all the servers say 159, and obviously that number isnt indicating what UI version they are running. I tried redownloading, and auto updating, but neither method changed anything.

How frustrating :(

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

1.56 is the minimalistic UI, I have the same. that's not it. (no join issues for me)

I'm beginning to think something on your machine/OS is not allowing external installs. maybe UAC? or even firewall, AV?

Here's the vmod of our server, install it manually and see if you can join. its called legends-league.com
    Contents is default ISI Karts & Quebec
    View attachment Junior Karts - Round 1 and 3.rar

(or would even the mod-check be obstructed if its UAC or something?)

17. Desmond

Desmond Registered

Hmm, I installed that mod, and in the server list the server shows as bright yellow, and everything installed, but I have no option to join. I added "rFactor2.exe" as an exception in my firewall. Are there any other things I should add as exceptions? Still doesnt seem to be working...

Thanks for the help so far tho!