issue cant uninstall this packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alvaritoteam, Apr 1, 2014.

1. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

are the isi formula masters and the mills metropark packages.help me please

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What reason does the mod manager give you?

3. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

any reason,only i click on desinstall and mod manager does nothing

4. RJames

RJames Registered

I'd hazard a guess and say that you have a rfmod from a server still installed of which uses those packages so it won't allow uninstallation.

You would first need to uninstall the rfmod of which in mod manager under the "Type" column, is called "Mod". Click each of them you have installed to see which one says its using those packages.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You may have a mod installed uses them.

Look in Mod Manager check " Mods"

6. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

thats not the problem,still not uninstalling.That arent the problems

7. RJames

RJames Registered

Then as far as i'm aware there is no reason that mods would not uninstall.

Maybe try deleting the folders manually in the rfactor2/installed/vehicles folder for the car and rfactor2/installed/locations for the track.

8. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

that doesnt found,increidible

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well maybe you should have tried a fresh LITE BUILD first before a thread ! , it would have taken less time ffs ! :)

If you going to be "short" with people trying to help. ! ( a thanks anyway would be nice ! )

10. crz

crz Registered

A screenshot of your mod manager would be handy.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Obviously he has either left a mod installed or other mods also share components or done something really stuffed up. hehehe

More obvious but ........

why not just take 10-15 minutes, do a fresh Lite Build in a parallel folder before you hit the panic button ? :) ...and save all this BS :)

12. crz

crz Registered

Yes I think so too but since he said this is not the problem I wanted a screenshot to show him that a mod depending on those components actually is the problem. Saves a lot of explanation.

13. 88mphTim

He'll make the same mistake. He needs to be taught the cause, not just how to get rid of the problem this time so he can do it again in the future. It's obvious he has an rfmod installed using the components.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

.........and you are totally correct mate, screenshot ( 1 second ) + paintbrush crop + a few red arrows ( 2 minutes ) = priceless. ;)

I still think as Tim says people need to be taught how easy it is to rename a existing folder and install a new rF2 to the same path, click on all ISI content you want ( from archive folders ), setting up new Config, PLR, Controller, MP as well.

On a fast system you eventually will get it down to around 15 minutes every time a new build comes out or you have a panic attack :)

Then once you have that perfect running copy why not archive or Image it " as it is " for quick extraction just in case. ?

That is what I meant when I said "BS and ffs ", not speaking to anyone in particular or being condescending.

I just use it as a motivator to have people reflect further to having method to the madness is all, do not read anything into my posting demeanor. :)

P.S.

It is not just newbies need guidance, others have been here lot longer still rely on updates and copying a heap of files back to installs or using multi-installs with new build, all sorts of stuff then are totally baffled when something is a miss :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  15. 88mphTim

I've actually recorded a lot of the process for video guides. Just need to edit them together and put my silly voiceover explaining the obvious. :)

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks, Tim. That will no doubt ease a bunch of grief for many. Hopefully you're NOT April foolin' us.

17. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

its not for april fools,its real,its like an octopus,it stays in that,im not uninstalling the car,i uninstalling the component,reinstall dont found,this case is real,not an april fools case

18. crz

crz Registered

Please post a picture of your modmanager showing your octopus component. Makes it much easier to help.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Alvar have you tried uninstalling in rf2 itself? not in mod manager but in rf2 and then select the mod, press uninstall.

A long shot but who knows :)