More AI Opponents in Singleplayer

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ecco_pRv, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

Is it possible to increase the AI number in sinlgeplayer? Maybe at least double to 59? In endurance racing, where you drive with different classes, tracks feel so empty...

2. RJames

RJames Registered

The biggest issue will have is that as the program is only 32bit so your fast hit that limit and the game will crash.

For example about 29/30 of the URD cars will hit that limit. Maybe once the 64bit app is available it will be available.

3. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

Hm, also depends on hardware and texture quality in my opinion.

E.g. I'm able to run with 30 URD EGT or T5 without problems on Nords 0.97n IF I'm lowering "Texture Detail" from "Full" to "High" (everything else maxed out). And I would really lower more settings for more cars ;-)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you can already*, create a VMOD and edit the default.rfm to include as many AI as you like, with my specs I run 35 AI at Silverstone International just fine.

* of course an ingame option to increase the number would be much much easier, better & quicker so please still consider this bit a wish!

5. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

thanks for pointing that out, I wasn’t aware of that!

by using vmods to increase AI driver number it turned out that 30 cars seems to be the magic number by which almost any combination of cars and tracks gives stable results without tedious trial-and-error-runs trying to optimize settings and car combinations.

it took me quite a while to get 60 cars on track. it worked in the end with much lower settings combining a total of 64 ISI Corvette, URD EGT and ISI Clio on Nords.

so it turned out ISI did everything right by not letting anyone higher the number and make the game unstable.

also turned out you were perfectly right RJames, although I didn’t get your point in the first place. It’s simply the system memory usage that is the limiting factor.

so I would like to re-phrase my wish:

ISI, please make it a 64-bit application!!! or, however, let us use more memory!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  6. conrel

conrel Registered

+1 !! I guess some of us have 8-cores and high-end graphics... welcome to the 21th century ;P