Adjusting wear rate doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I'm trying to adjust the wear rate on tires by changing the value in the TBC file.
    It says now: "wear rate 6,46e-7" what means 0,000000646 as I figured.
    Changing the value to 2,46e-7 doesn't do anything and I thought that was brutal to begin with.
    Now, I changed it to 2,46e-8 and still nothing; I can't get any further with them.

I did everything right; got it in the mass file and so on. I changed a lot and all worked, except the wear........
    It IS the file the hdv points towards.

Can someone help me out here?
    Thanks!

2. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

tbc file is there pretty much for AI. Take a look at .tgm file, that's the correct file for tires.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Now I did not know that..... Thankyou!!

I looked at it and suppose I want to change this line: DegradationCurveParameters=(356.15,1900)
    However; I don't know what they mean :(
    Often, is says so behind the line, but in this case; no.

Do you have any idea?
    Thanks again mate!

4. canastos

canastos Registered

I think you were right looking at the TBC file, but it seems to me that your changes were very small (changing to e-8 is less wear, in case you didn't notice it)

Try something like WearRate=1e-4, and for sure you will notice something ;)

byyyyyyyye

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Tried that but didn't work......
    Aleksi is right; it's the TGM file. I changed all the three values and now I do notice. I think the 1600 one, is the amount of meters driven before they are gone......or somewhat gone.....
    The indicator is not going along; tires are gone it says, but I still have maximum grip.

Where do I get answers to these questions? I thought in here, but it's quit ;)

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Edit; changing the line as I said above, does the trick; it makes the tires last longer but the indicator doesn't join in. That thing just gives "the old" value and says the tire is gone while I'm still lapping nicely.

I found the line as I paste under here and that one does the trick for the indicator AND the wear.......while I didn't change the line "degradationcurce"
    Could that be; two values for one thing? Take one OR the other?

This is the line; I took the values and decided by 3, making the tires last 3 times longer approximately.

AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(2.14e-9,1.85e-9,1.45e-9,1.08e-9,7.83e-10,5.31e-10,4.10e-10,3.24e-10,2.61e-10,2.24e-10,2.05e-10,2.14e-10,2.33e-10,2.65e-10,3.32e-10,4.19e-10,5.59e-10,8.02e-10,1.10e-9,1.31e-9,1.47e-9,1.55e-9,1.59e-9)

7. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

There is one document with a brief description of the tire model.

http://downloads.imagespaceinc.com/rf2/modsresources/rF2_TGM_TyreTool_QuickStart_V3.pdf

The values you identified are explained, to some degree, on page 8.

@ISI: Please provide better documentation thus modder can do such important things like tires correct. There are already mods around where there is no real difference between compound types like Sprint and endurance.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Degradation above relates to rubber degradation from being too hot. The 356 is the starting temp for degradation (kelvin!), the second figure sets how quickly it accumulates. One of the ISI tgm files does have comments I think (if that PDF doesn't), can't remember which.

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have a question about the tire degradation depending of the temperature. I know it from Iracing that if you are going a fast outlap with low pressure so that the rubber and the carcass is getting to hot because of heavy flexing, that the tire rubber looses the softener and gets to hard so that you loose much grip without a real degradation. Is this simulated in Rfactor2 too?

10. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

I don't know. But you could test it using the MoTec PlugIn from Lazza and do some laps with different starting tire-pressures and than compare the telemetry data. One thing you will see for sure - the pressure will increase when the tire heats up...

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Motec-Plugin