Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

It's a brand new way to drive we have to learn with Kart. I usually fight against AI set between 100 and 105% strength. For Karts I had to lower to 95% to not be lapped once. Now I'm able to raise again to 100% and I'm happy when I don't finish last. Progress, progress ! :)

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This ISI carts are one of my best simracing experience, Thanks ISI!

3. Jos

Jos Registered

did I say that, I say it about the game's low speed physics...

the low speed floating is what I hate.

4. Michael Rossi

Michael Rossi Registered

Hi, congratulations for the excellent kart.

possible BUG - but I wanted to report a possible bug. For example, setting the tire pressure to 90 when you get on the track the rear tire stays at 90 while the front is deflated to 70. It also happens to you?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Great posts Nick, really well put and understandable even for me. it kinda explains what I was feeling but no idea why, if that makes sense :)

Also lifting seems hugely important in the Karts, maybe that's what Jos is struggling with. we (I) ease on the throttle so much more on several occasions per lap, not just to avoid a spin or when on the grass, it seems to allow the Kart to do its own thing as apposed to us forcing it to do something it rather not do.

As in real life I think these Karts really allow us to learn to race, take ideal lines and learn from its raw feedback. great tool to learn how to be fast or finetune the skills we already got.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Great post nick! Should be stickied somewhere :)

7. Nick Johnston

Nick Johnston Registered

Yes lifting and carrying rolling speed is huge. Glad it is understandable for you guys. If you have any other questions let me know :]

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thanks for responding Nick. I understood parts of it but others not so much because i don't know where they are on the karts, etc. But i'll look back at them as i learn more. Cheers!

Out of interest, what wheel and pedals are you using? I'm on a t500 and csp v2 and the forces feel really good for me. Where people complain (understandably so) about the forces feeling loose to non existent in the corners, I am fortunate enough to have a wheel that gives me just enough to be able to feel the steering arm forces in the corners but it can get a little hairy from time to time having to wiggle it about on the exit as it goes light and sensitive.

Also, would you be interested in going on a server today? I have to leave on Sunday for 4 weeks so this is really my only opportunity for some time.

9. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

M=(2F)*r
    F=150/(0.3*2)=250N or 25kg eq. per hand. Or am I missing something?
    Still pretty beefy btw :p

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

M = F*r
    F = M/r

For a 26cm diameter wheel (my steering wheel rim), radius = 13cm

F = 150Nm/0.13m = 1154N = 118kg for a single arm or 59kg per each arm.

Your calculation is correct for a 60cm diameter wheel. Pretty big wheel. ;)

It's an easy mistake to make.

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

With a wheel approx double the size of a G25 and with the motor mounted horizontally on a bench..... one person, using both hands and a wide stance, can only just break out the motor.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

mental but absolutely perfect for the job.

13. Nick Johnston

Nick Johnston Registered

I use a CSW with Clubsport V2 pedals. The wheel with 1.5 in game multiplier feels great.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree paul, sometimes the direction changes seem way too quick even for a kart. Constantly correcting the car twice or even 3 times in order to try to control the over correcting, snapping left to right and right to left instead of just single "rear slides, correct slide, return wheel to centre and off you go", constantly over correcting and snapping the other way.

Normally I would think it's just a case of our real life wheel's speed/acceleration/reaction time simply not being able to keep up with the super quick kart dynamics, but I'm pretty sure it's not just that as I've seen/experienced this unnatural and overly tricky oversteer-correction behavior in slower cars too, and going back from even before RFactor 1.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That's what real karts do, with no suspension and just the tires that cause that snapping and bouncing effect. It's annoying as hell when you are driving them, so you quickly learn that extreme smoothness is rewarded. Since they bog down at lower speeds as well, the whole thing is about maintaining maximum speed through corners smoothly. There's not enough power to do any other kind of racing!

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I don´t think so.
    The better thing at higher speeds come from high speed sensetivity correction thingy in controller panel.
    Set your steering correctly (sensitivity, speed sensitivity, steering lock)

17. maxrod

maxrod Registered

You must have all aids on to be-able to keep up at 110%, Or maybe you are super human.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

never get long enough in a real world kart ( although I've done some 3hr endurance events ) to really master them,
    this simulated version ( & tools like the timing / ghost car etc ) is a great tool,
    looking forward to doing real world again soon to see if I'm any faster as a result

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

In most cases I've found the aids make you slower, but they can help with consistency. I would think the weight penalty with the karts would be a massive impact though, provided ISI are applying the same penalty as for the other cars.
    I'm able to beat the AI at 110% with 50% aggression. It's where I'm getting a few problems with the karts now though, as I push the AI higher because they are not fast enough, but then they really start attacking the curbs and flipping their karts. It's quite funny though, as they won't always do it, i.e. they wont be flipping every time they attack the curbs. Sometimes I'll see the kart behind start to drop the gap to me, then the gap turns into 10 seconds while he corrects his stunt driving XD

20. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Maybe try with a wheel rotation setting of 220-240° instead of the 187° you get when using 'vehicle set'. That's more like what I remember a karts steering to feel like. Only ever drove rental karts though, it might well be possible these karts' realworld counterparts are really that twitchy.